Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i am currently looking for a new car to replace my 03 acura tl. i took the kizashi for a test drive and absolutely loved it! upon coming home from the test drive i read the news about the whole bankruptcy case and now im hesitant to buy. i am looking at a couple of used ones and the closest dealer to me would be about an hours drive away. i have called them to see if theyd be my go to location for any warranty work and they were pretty clear that they would be handing suzuki cars even after they stopped carrying the companies vehicles. im wondering what you guys think about this car as a long term replacement for my beloved acura. will we be able to grab parts at autozone and napa with this bankruptcy? are there any reputable aftermarket sites that carry kizashi seatcovers, mats, etc... thanks for reading. any and all advice/info would be greatly appreciated!:liebe011:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love this car, have the Se in pearl white, I debadged the rear, and painted the s on the front to a nice flat black, no one knows what it is when I drive around, and I constantly get looks, haven't seen any in my area, and I love that aspect. not to mention? Everything about it I love

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone??:rolleyes: 90+ views and one reply lol awesome! hey thanks for the reply chris. if you read my post, im looking for some real world feedback on what to expect as far as ease of maintenance and availability of parts 5-10 yrs down the road... i was hoping there was someone with some first hand knowledge or possibly even a former suzuki employee that could help me out.ill continue my search elsewhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
not quite sure where you are, but where I bought mine? Nissan dealer will be the one who will honor the warranty, there will be no shortage of parts down the road, Suzuki has promised to take care of anyone who purchases their vehicles, I really couldn't pass up the 6000.00 rebate they are offering, Its a lot of car for the money. Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not quite sure where you are, but where I bought mine? Nissan dealer will be the one who will honor the warranty, there will be no shortage of parts down the road, Suzuki has promised to take care of anyone who purchases their vehicles, I really couldn't pass up the 6000.00 rebate they are offering, Its a lot of car for the money. Hope this helps
6 grand in savings? wow, i might have to take a look at a brand new one with savings like that! after reading more, i didnt realize the bankruptcy has no effect on the canadian division. that should make for readily available parts here in the US... or at least save some time on shipping versus packages coming from across the pacific. thanks for the info chris. i look forward to seeing some shots or your kizashi! if i do go this route, i might throw a plastidip on there for a couple of months:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem, I will post pictures soon. Good luck with whatever you buy, but believe me when I say, this car is better then the accord or cars twice the price. And that's coming from someone who never thought of a kazashi. Really is an amazing car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6 grand in savings? wow, i might have to take a look at a brand new one with savings like that! after reading more, i didnt realize the bankruptcy has no effect on the canadian division. that should make for readily available parts here in the US... or at least save some time on shipping versus packages coming from across the pacific. thanks for the info chris. i look forward to seeing some shots or your kizashi! if i do go this route, i might throw a plastidip on there for a couple of months:D
6k in savings? In the US? Or Canada?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Might be too late, but if you loved it, you should buy it. They have said they will still have the shops in the US for service and honor their warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
New 2013 Kizashi

hey guys,
i am currently looking for a new car to replace my 03 acura tl. i took the kizashi for a test drive and absolutely loved it! upon coming home from the test drive i read the news about the whole bankruptcy case and now im hesitant to buy. i am looking at a couple of used ones and the closest dealer to me would be about an hours drive away. i have called them to see if theyd be my go to location for any warranty work and they were pretty clear that they would be handing suzuki cars even after they stopped carrying the companies vehicles. im wondering what you guys think about this car as a long term replacement for my beloved acura. will we be able to grab parts at autozone and napa with this bankruptcy? are there any reputable aftermarket sites that carry kizashi seatcovers, mats, etc... thanks for reading. any and all advice/info would be greatly appreciated!:liebe011:
Hello All,
I know this post is 1 year old but to those that purchsed a Kizashi after Suzuki abandoned the USA and Canada I want to ask a few things.

Has anyone had any problems with dealers honoring the warranty ?
There are parts being offered on the internet. Has anyone purchased from them ? Which is the best internet parts store for Kizashi ?

I'm asking these questions because at this late date I found a brand new 2013 Kizashi SLS Sport with Navigation and all the niceities that go with it......at an unbelieveable price ! but I am on the fence. or am I crazy to pass this deal up ?
Please let me see hear your thoughts and experiences regarding the warranty
Suzuki offers since they have gone.

The attachment is an actual photo of the vehicle I'm consiidering.
For those interested there are 3 more available. 2 Black and one Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buy this car

I have no clue on the warranty cause nothing has gone wrong with it, but I do know Nissan is handling the warrant. This car is great, I highly recommend it. Awd and awesome riding car. Grab it while you can

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to hear no problems with your car. I did drive a friends '12 SLS with 70000 miles.
It surprised me ! How many miles on yours ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 17,000 miles on mine. Have had since last dec. this car is better then any honda or Nissan or any other in it's class. So much car for the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
We bought our 2011 at the tail end of 2013 with 29k on it. Still was under factory warranty until March 2014. And we had some warranty service done after finding out about some covered issues online. :cool:

- Has anyone had any problems with dealers honoring the warranty ?
Nope. They actually went out of their way to help us out.

- There are parts being offered on the internet. Has anyone purchased from them ? Which is the best internet parts store for Kizashi ?
I've bought accessories and some oil filters and such. For genuine Suzuki parts, I shop around until I find a cheaper price. If I was looking aftermarket, I'd call to make sure they actually have stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts