Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody: I noticed that the tires exhibited an unusual level of wear. I asked Suzuki's technicians if it was possible that they had mistakenly replace the tires, given the amount of simultaneous inspections they perform. They insisted that the level of wear looked normal, and that such mistake was not possible.
I have mentioned several times the excessive wear of the tires, and at the present time, when the vehicle has only 41000km, the tires have reached a state, which makes it dangerous to drive with the tires in this condition.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Cobber@Nov 30 2004, 02:25 AM
Hi everybody: I noticed that the tires exhibited an unusual level of wear. I asked Suzuki's technicians if it was possible that they had mistakenly replace the tires, given the amount of simultaneous inspections they perform. They insisted that the level of wear looked normal, and that such mistake was not possible.
I have mentioned several times the excessive wear of the tires, and at the present time, when the vehicle has only 41000km, the tires have reached a state, which makes it dangerous to drive with the tires in this condition.
Hello, I have had the same problem with my tyres here in England. Nobody will listen to me. My car went out of control and I had a crash. I can't get anybody over here to listen to me
Yvonne.jeannette

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by Cobber@Nov 29 2004, 05:25 PM
hi have you had the tracking checked on the vechicle if the tracking is out it will cause the tyres to wear. also incorect tyre pressures would cause tyres to wear

do the tyres wear even or do they wear the outer or iner edge first?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ive got over 20k miles on my Aerio with the Yokahama Geolanders, these are the stock tires and Ive rotated them religously at every oil change.

When I purchased this car I never expected the OEM tires to last more than a year or more than 25k...Im not dissapointed, as I push this car hard into the turns. And I over inflate my tires to improve handling as well as mileage. In the next month or two they will be unsafe...Im sure of it...and if I know this than its nobodys fault but mine!

With an SUV, the center of gravity is much higher than a car....so if you have a blow out(up front) at a signifcant speed...it could be tramatic, this is nothing new, have you not heard of the Ford Explorer? And you previous post where you blamed the tires...the tires in question with the Exploder were the Firestone Wilderness, and from what I remeber it was improper tire inflation.

So my question to the both of yall is...do you rotate your tires often? Do you check the air preasure often?

BTW front tires normally wear on the outside and rears wear on the inside...this is normal and why rotation is necisarry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bridgestone tires are SOFT.

I drive in OZ, but the compouds in the UK are probably softer. Ditch them and buy goodyears, Yoko geolanders, or, if u go off road, buy some BF Goodridge TA's I've got them and they are terrific.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts