Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My ride is presently running on stock configuration wheel specs.

Turbos and Pistonz ? View topic - Hermes - My Transporter on & off Roads - Grand Vitara
I'm planning to shift to 245/70/R16 A/T and I've two questions

1) Will the Stock Rims hold ?
I just intent to PlastiDip them to Matt Black with Silver Trim.

2) Which brand is best ?
I was planning on getting BF Goodrich. But apparently BF Goodrich isn't sold in India "Officially". While the parent company Michelin is present in India.

So
Michelin :- They have Made in India (Again am told it is better/best than Taiwan/Japan/China Made Rubber)
BFG :- Would be import (via Seller ;) ) and thus no Warranty
Yoko :- Officially Available in India
Bridgestone :- Available in India
JK Tyre:- Available in India ( Indian Company Afterall :p )
Apollo :- Available in India
MRF :- Available in India

While the later are Indian and most GV owners might not be using them. I'm more interested in inputs from Global owners on the Rubber they find the best, that too for 245 A/T on the GV's.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I run Bridgestone D697's in a 235/70. I can't fault them. If you like playing in mud they're not going to be much good but on anything else impossible to beat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I currently have Pirelli Scorpion ATR's on my GV but won't put those on again, they get damaged easily and I have to replace them after 50000km.

Some guys in the Suzuki Club use Yokohama Geolander GO12 with good results, also Good Year Wrangler AT/SA. My next tyre will be General Grabber AT's 50% offroad and 50% on road - best of both worlds

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ! At least I know which one not to go for.
Yoko even am slightly vending towards it especially after seeing the present ones performance, stock work well for basics.

But stance & more utility is what on charts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I've narrowed down to Geolanders they are available in Market for around INR 8700 i.e. USD 167 Appx (Balll park figure)

My First questions though still remains and I need expert / experienced fellow members to let know as when it comes to Alloy configurations & sections I fall in Novice category.

Hi

Turbos and Pistonz ? View topic - Hermes - My Transporter on & off Roads - Grand Vitara
I'm planning to shift to 245/70/R16 A/T and I've two questions

1) Will the Stock Rims hold ?
I just intent to PlastiDip them to Matt Black with Silver Trim.
Got the Ironman 2" Lift now looking for Wheels so that one the ride goes up the Ramp, I get everything changed in one set

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re updates to suspension

While I've narrowed down to Geolanders they are available in Market for around INR 8700 i.e. USD 167 Appx (Balll park figure)

My First questions though still remains and I need expert / experienced fellow members to let know as when it comes to Alloy configurations & sections I fall in Novice category.

Got the Ironman 2" Lift now looking for Wheels so that one the ride goes up the Ramp, I get everything changed in one set

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance..
I am also planning to upgrade to 245/70 R16 tyres. Do share your experience of the upgrade and the tyres you are using.
Has the Ironman lift affected handling or ride quality?

Thanks
Sridhar

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am also planning to upgrade to 245/70 R16 tyres. Do share your experience of the upgrade and the tyres you are using.
Has the Ironman lift affected handling or ride quality?

Thanks
Sridhar
I haven't gone for the Tyres upgrade, thought why not let it Test one by one. As it would be easier to find the culprit if anything goes wrong. Plus my present ones were in good condition and can take few more thousand kms. Hence, waiting for them to wear out (estimated Dec'15).

The Lift is great, from driver perspective the Drive has become more involving and interesting. From passenger perspective slightly hard not that you would notice it much and with right driving with extra care/thought nor will your co passengers ever know that the suspension is different (most of them as it is won't know the difference)

The biggest re-action you get from them is you spent so much on just 2" Lift, why didn't you go for the short method to simply put spacer and lift, etc ,etc and that is when you will need to make peace that their is no point explaining them. As the logic is above what their normal brain can comprehend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re lift

I haven't gone for the Tyres upgrade, thought why not let it Test one by one. As it would be easier to find the culprit if anything goes wrong. Plus my present ones were in good condition and can take few more thousand kms. Hence, waiting for them to wear out (estimated Dec'15).

The Lift is great, from driver perspective the Drive has become more involving and interesting. From passenger perspective slightly hard not that you would notice it much and with right driving with extra care/thought nor will your co passengers ever know that the suspension is different (most of them as it is won't know the difference)

The biggest re-action you get from them is you spent so much on just 2" Lift, why didn't you go for the short method to simply put spacer and lift, etc ,etc and that is when you will need to make peace that their is no point explaining them. As the logic is above what their normal brain can comprehend.
Thanks.
I will first go in for skid plates, then better K&N filter and Iridium sparkplugs.
Will then do a lift and change tyres last- as all of them are newish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts