Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to set up another Sammi, this time a hardtop. On my previous rig-1987 ragtop with a Calmini shackle reverse resulting in a 2" lift-I ended up with 235/70/r15 BFGoodrich T/A tires. They are good off road, but very stiff, noisy and unforgiving on the pavement. AS I do about 96% of my driving on pavement I would like to go to something better this time. First decision is size. Should I stay bone stock or go up at all? Then what is your experience with this mix of use? Off road might be a bit of sand-I do live on an island- but mainly the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado. thanks for your experience. Philip

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I hear reverse shackles aren't good for anything but for more articulation....and you end up busting springs..M/T work well in sand aswell why not try some of those for once other than that but pavement most you can do to have all around is A/T tires unless you want street tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tyres

I use firestone destination tyres on my vitara, they are great on road and do alright on sand, They have excellent grip on road, altough i did get it sideways in the rain round a rounderbout. These are bigger than stock. I had hankook dynamic on before, they were great on sand and road i want some more. The firestones are higher than stanard, but i found the hankooks were good as they were wider and had better power in sand.

The firestones i've got now are 235/75R15 108S
The Hankooks that i had were P225/70R15 100H, i found these great for sand and road with low noise

i run the firestones at about 22-28psi on road, you can't hear them
with the hankooks i think i had more power, but that was a while ago

i've seen these pirelli scorpians advertised and they look alright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got BFGs Mud Terrains on mine, 31x10.50s, a bit noisy, but no more so than the twin Delortos under the hood, or the exhaust. I just have a 500watt stereo to counter all of that. I've got room for 35s, but I may get new 17" rims and run 33 so I can have the same size as my Titan. I can bounce back and fourth as needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts