Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem to be awful touchy so far when it comes to temp changes. I've studied the manual on this topic and sure enough it discusses the issues of lower pressure in cold temps, more in high, causing the warning light to come on at times. Well, every time it gets a bit cold here there goes the warning light. I check the psi and they are all quite close to perfect, as close as I can get em. I even have a tad more in the front to try and compensate for the cold temp days that happen here and there. Still it triggers on the cold days. I wish it would give you a couple of psi margin before the light kicks on.

I had my tires rotated recently, nothing major. I doubt that had any effect on the sensors. If it did, that's too fussy.

Tomorrow when it warms up I'm sure the light will turn off again. I just don't care enough about having that precise psi in my tires to suit every change in climate for a given day, down to a tolerance of 1-2 psi. I'm in the deep south now so, the temps goes up and down quite often during the winter. Looks like this will just be something to put up with. Not a biggie, but a tad fussier than I'd prefer. Unless nobody else is having this happen, then I might be having a prob with my sensors...

I've got an 07 SX4 with 19k.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just ignore it, or pump them up to 35 psi. I have snows on without sensors, so it's almost always on. I keep my tpms in the glove box :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha I love it FB! Yes that's what I'm going to have to do, just ignore em.

I wonder if they could be re-adjusted at the dealer to "lighten up" on marginal pressure changes.

Oh I love this car though. Its so awesome. So much fun to drive. Its got plenty of room inside and its got some pep. I've surprised a few who pulled off from a red light to find themselves in my rear view. hehe

·
Registered
5 Posts
your tire sensor is mighty sensitive, I am in Canada, the temperature varies quited a bit too, but I never have this problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
tire pressure light

I have a 07' SX4 Cross Over and on my last trip to Philly, PA which is over two hours away and all turnpike driving. The damn light came on and off about twenty times each way. I think the temperature has a lot to do with it, probably just a "cheap" sensor. Since my 02 Fordwinstar minivan has the same tire pressure light and never comes on except for when I had a slow leak on my one tire, so until I took the nail out and put a plug in, did the light stop from coming on. And the tire was about 10 lbs less of air pressure.

Another "pressure" item is that I am driving the car 90% of the time by myself and I hate when I put a gallon of milk on the passenger seat and the passenger seat belt light comes on and "dings." That is annoying!!

I am taking my car to the shop tomorrow and discussing my poor gas mileage, I am not even getting what was on the window sticker and want answers. I bought this car due to the great gas mileage it showed, not to just get 19.67 (hand figured) or the 22.3 (computer figured) it is getting. My 1996 Outback got better gas mileage than this...

Will that be covered under the Lemon law???

Dan

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've not had my TPS in since the day i bought the car. first day i put some previous rims on the car with run flats. because of the higher pressure needed for the tires i would have had to get them adjusted and didn't feel like going through the trouble so they're still in the factory joints and one of them is in the trunk as the spare, but my light has been on since that day and never goes off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No more caution light since I inflated to 34-35psi, even after a major temp drop last night. I'm happy now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire Pressure Indicator Light

This is the first car I've had that has this feature. What I strongly dislike about the feature is that you have no way of knowing WHICH tire is low unless it's really low and therefore quite obvious. These sensors seems to be hypersensitive and therefore, I cannot always tell which tire is setting it off. Very annoying to be driving and have this light come on and then have it go off a bit later! It's the one thing I've had a consistent problem with since buying the car and frankly, I'm tiring of it quickly. The last thing in the world I want is SURPRISE a flat tire!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try Nitrogen!

hey i know some people think its a rip off, but commercial airliners use it, they have to, otherwise regular air would dissipate at 30,000 feet and it would be flat when landing. personally i go from sea level to 9,000 feet, from 105 degrees to -30 sometimes, and the last thing i ever had to worry about was tire pressure. that was on my old car, so i have no idea yet about my brand new sx-4. going to get michelin harmony's for the winter, those tires were great on my old subaru.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah they are touchy but I found my tire guage is actually gone of calibration because of them. Actually used the TPMS tool and Scanner to check pressures and verified with another gage too. Your tire gage may be off just apound or two and t will be enough to cause issues. Bump them up a couple of punds and see how they do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts