Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any problems with the tire pressure light coming on. I put air in the tires and the light will go out. sometime the light is off and after driving for a while it comes on then goes off. just had new tires put on about 4000 miles ago the mechanic says its because of the alum. wheels in the cold weather, any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hate the TPS light! It's so useless. The only way to fix the light is to replace all the senors on the wheels at $150 a pop from sears auto or car place. The OEM ones are made from cheap plastic and the new ones from sears are metal. CURSE THE DREADED TPS LIGHT TO HELL!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't like the TPM either. Mine kept going on and going off, put air in my tires, and it kept doing it. Went to Discount Tire they checked all my tires and ended up being the spare on the back door was way low. He filled it and it's been fine ever since....just a thought if maybe that's your problem....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very interesting my 2013 Australian GV3 doesn't have a tyre pressure light so not an issue for me.
I have a tyre pressure gauge and an ARB air compressor.
I adjust tyres each time I go off road. Drop the pressure to between 20psi - 25psi when off road and then pump them up again to between 30psi - 35psi for highway depending on vehicle load. Just wondering what pressure the light is meant to come on at? What happens when you need to drop pressure to go off road - sand, rocks etc?? Is the light on all the time then?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it was due to the cold weather but here it is July and 80s and one day on another day off??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts