Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a 2007 suzuki reno, same as a forenza motor. So my head gasket blew. I've had the head machined, put new gasket, and put it back on. Now I'm to the timing belt( which is new) put it on with the old tensioner. Finished it all up and when I started the car it had a really loud squealing sound coming from the timing belt area, and it wasn't running very well. So I've read up and found out the squealing is the timing belt tensioner, so I bought a new 1. I put it on and then turned the motor over manually, and I noticed that the needle on the tensioner keeps moving. Sometimes it tighter sometimes it's looser. So I just said the heck with it, I double checked to see if the timing was good and it was so I started it up and still has the squealing sound! What do I do before I call a tow truck to scrap the car?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi welcome to the forum! when you changed the belts and tensioner did you also change the idler pulleys? if not that could be your problem. if not changed they can get noisy after a while. i would also check the timing and make sure the tensioner is set correctly. if the tension is off the belt could be slipping and giving you the noise. this is an interference engine so if theres a problem with the timing you could end up blowing the head or worse

1 - 2 of 2 Posts