Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the timing slipped the other day and i spent all of today pulling things off to get to the timing, well i had an item behind the back tire and i finally got the cover off. I took the belt off to see it better and right after that my song took the item under the tires because he needed it for something. Well when he did that the vehicle shifted back about 2 inches and the bottom gear moved about a half an inch. I didnt have it marked yet so i have no idea where the bottom gear was/supposed to be. So could someone help and possibly give me some pics to help?

·
Registered
150 Posts
There is a timing notch for the cam gear in the thin plate at the top. Just line it up with the cam mark on the cam gear. I think it's just a small hole that should point up. The crank gear goes the same way just up pointing to an arrow in the center of the block face. Replace with a new belt and possibly idler. In this case the the timing will be right on cyl. #4.

·
Registered
38 Posts

position the camshaft sprocket (1) so that the timing mark on the sprocket (2) is aligned with the notch (3) on the inside timing belt cover (4)

and ensure that the crankshaft sprocket (1) timing mark (2) is aligned with the mark on the oil pump (3)

Install the timing belt on the sprockets so that there is no slack in the drive side of the belt (1), then install the tensioning assembly

To properly tension the timing belt, rotate the crankshaft through two full revolutions
;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts