Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am replacing the crank on a 2007 sx4 2.0l j20a motor. It has a reluctor stator on the crank for the crank position sensor to read the position of the crank. Doesn't have any marks whatsoever, I have no idea where to set it. I have searched online, talked to dealerships, searched manuals, etc...and keep coming up with nothing. If somebody could help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've just checked a load of parts diagrams and none show this ring as a separate part. All showed it as part of the crankshaft and therefore fitted/timed at the factory.
So does your intended replacement crankshaft not have one already on it.

I hope I'm wrong and somebody can give a more positive reply :(.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the new one did not come with anything. I had to remove the oil pump sprocket, reluctor wheel and flywheel pin. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suzuki dealership is no help, I went to 3 different Chevrolet dealerships because this motor is used in a few early 2000 model Chevy trackers but they claim they can only go back 10 years.

·
Super Moderator
12,340 Posts
Where did you get the crank from - have you considered it may not be the correct one?

As Darell has indicated Suzuki does not supply the crank without the reluctor ring (or the oil pump sprocket)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it from AutoZone. It was the correct crank. Suzuki sells the crank with the reluctor wheel on and timed. Clay Cooley suzuki had a scrap crank they let me take to match up with mine. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts