Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a Spoa lift right now i have already done the rear end and am now doing the front but i am a little confused i cant seem to get the tie rod ends off any help would be nice thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
special tools with pics

There's all kind of tie rod removal tools and some are not expensive.....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tie+rod+removal+tool&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bpcl=39580677&biw=1664&bih=888&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=nXq9UNfDHu2u2AX524DQBw
I like the fork kind but be sure to get the right size..... If you where real careful you could support the piece bring the nut up flush to the top and tap it with a brass hammer or a block of hardwood up top..... but you stand the chance of ruining the threads if not careful

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
Please - do not use a pickle fork on any part you plan on reusing - but as Joe has pointed out there are all sorts of tie-rod & ball joint release tools available on the market.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I've always just used a small sledge hammer, and beat on the pitman arm or casting where the tie-rod bolts through. A few good hard hits... and it'll drop right out. ...may not be "proper", but it works.

Pitchfork removal devices always ruins the boot (IME)

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
Shocking the taper free works - in fact if you use two smaller hammers and "clap" the casting from both sides simultaneously, it's very effective - but if you lack the experience, it's an easy way to damage parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts