Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i do a regular lift without spoa can i move the outer tie rod ends to the top of the ball joint piece? all my clearances look good, it just looks like i would have to modify the dust shield for the brakes. does anybody know of any problems with this?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Usually a SPUA doesn't require much steering adjustment. If the offset is only 3" then i would suggest a dropped pitman arm (I was saying 2" earlier but I misspoke).
But if you are going big, it would be less of a hassle to just move the drag link.

Stage One OTS kit:
LOW RANGE OFFROAD

or OTT Stage One kit:
(ask for 'flat arm' for SPUA, depending on the size of the lift)
Knuckle over, High-steer steering system for the Samurai.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im going with 3 inch lift springs on top of the shackle reverse that brought it up 2 inches so i was seeing if it would be easier to do it that way but it seems not... would just the drop pitman arm be enough or would i have to do ott steering on that? and i put a 2 inch body lift on so will i be able to run 31s pretty easily once the lift springs are on?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
well im going with 3 inch lift springs on top of the shackle reverse that brought it up 2 inches so i was seeing if it would be easier to do it that way but it seems not... would just the drop pitman arm be enough or would i have to do ott steering on that? and i put a 2 inch body lift on so will i be able to run 31s pretty easily once the lift springs are on?
The dropped pitman arm is designed for a 3" lift. You will be at 5" with what you outlined above (the body lift doesn't count for steering as the steering box is mounted to the frame). I would just go with an OTS/OTT system designed for a 5" lift.

By the way, with that suspension lift, you can remove the body lift. 31's will fit easily. I have my opinions about body lifts. Let's suffice it to say that unless you are using the lift to aid in an engine conversion where you need the clearance at the tunnel or hood - just say no...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright...i thank you very much...the body lift was free so i put it on but i dont really like it much anyways so i will take it off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts