Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: I should have mentioned the original code was P0420 (and occasional randos) before replacing the front 02. That has since stopped.

I have a 2008 Suzuki SX4 with 138k miles on it.
The vehicle is the US version.

Lately the vehicle has been throwing codes like no ones business.

I, and a local DYNO shop, have replaced the front 02 with three different types. All of which SHOULD have matched the engine. This last one appears to be covering the front fairly decent - but not the back.

Now, the front codes have stopped, and these codes keep coming
2096 0134 2237

P2096 POST CATALYST FUEL TRIM SYSTEM TOO LEAN
P0134 OBD-II Trouble Code: O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
Code P2237 - Oxygen (O2) Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit / Open (Bank 1 - Sensor 1)

We are trying to replace the rear 02 - but i'll be damned surprised if a little car engineering midget with wrenches for hands could find a way to get that thing off.

This car had a full cady replacement under warranty at 40k. - Please tell me this isn't the whole system dropping?

The car was having issues where the tach would flutter as much as 500 rpm - so we replaced the computer which helped dramatically. The issue is something is really wreaking havoc on this system - and I have no idea.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Do you not have a mechanic that understands how the ECU/OBDii works..

Throwing parts, especially computers, suggests not...:eek:

Have the tech check for a reference voltage and report back...

... Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts