Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,
I have another question. Wondering if the throw out bearing is needing replaced. Reminds me of my old VW bug that made noise with the clutch out in neutral, quiets down some when pushing the clutch in. Hopefuly will last a while, just spent a bunch on the other stuff. Does replacing the clutch and or throw out bearing require pulling the engine? Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I didn't get any answers here, I though I would share what I found elsewhere. Doesn't look to bad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott410
I live here!

Re: (Searched) Clutch install in samurai..
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 13, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »You need a clutch, pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and I service manual so you can see what you are doing and know what the torque specifications are. You will also have to get your flywheel resurfaced, so find a shop that can perform this. You can also replace the seal behind the clutch in the transmission, it's an oil seal and gasket and you could replace your rear crankshaft seal on your engine, it is highly recommended you do both, ,this is the perfect opportunity and the parts are cheap. Also, make sure you get a clutch alignment tool with the clutch, if it doesn't come with it, you will have to get one, it's pretty cheap though. Have fun. Logged
1984 SJ410, Dovetailed, 1.3, Weber, SPOA, OTT.

Welcome kajobuilt.com - Hostmonster.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
93liftedxlt
Locked Up

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 13, 2006, 02:55:16 PM »thanks for the reply, i was jsut gonne drop the exhaust piping, and sway bar, and put a jack under the tranny and undo the bolts, slide it off and lower the jack..and remove the clutch...

Seems pretty easy 2 hour job maybe, i was just curoius if there was anything to watch for ? The flywheel is a must though,

I was looking for a write-up with pictures maybe to see how others perform this.. cant find anything on any of the zuki forums, which is weird,

thanks Logged
89 Swift GTI, Road Race
94 Swift GT Turbo,9 psi,[email protected]
89 Samurai,Toy axles,Geared,Locked,36"s

USAF-2008-2011-Honorable Medical Discharge Vet.
R.I.P. NC_ZUK-Thank you for your 17 yrs of service!!
ack
Zukaholic

Professional Ask Hole
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 13, 2006, 04:56:35 PM »Quote from: 93liftedxlt on Saturday, May 13, 2006, 02:55:16 PM
thanks for the reply, i was jsut gonne drop the exhaust piping, and sway bar, and put a jack under the tranny and undo the bolts, slide it off and lower the jack..and remove the clutch...

Seems pretty easy 2 hour job maybe, i was just curoius if there was anything to watch for ? The flywheel is a must though,

I was looking for a write-up with pictures maybe to see how others perform this.. cant find anything on any of the zuki forums, which is weird,

thanks

You'll need to support the rear of the engine as the transmission supports the engine.

My suggestion is to go to the Public Library and check out a Haynes or Chilton's Manual on the Samurai. It's free and Haynes (!) is pretty thorough in it's description of the process.

Don't forget to get one of those spline alignment tools for the clutch plate! They are dirt-cheap and very useful! Logged
Ack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts