Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sammy for sale I was planning to go look at. Guy just called and said he's dropping the price to 3k because he was coming up over the hill giving it WOT and the throttle stuck open. He rode the brakes home but said when he looked at it it is not a linkage so he suspects something inside the throttle.

Any ideas? It'd be a bummer to drive an hour and a half to Salem and not be able to drive the thing more than up and down the yard. No access to a spare carb, unfortunately.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Does it have a Weber carb on it? Mine did that and the linkage was binding up. I took it all apart,cleaned it with steel wool the put anti seize on the moving parts...no more probelems in like a year now so far...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed him to find out what carb is on there. He said he played with the linkage and didn't think that was the problem. He believes it's something inside the carb. The only carbeurators I know well are old Vespa Del O'rto's. If this were happening on my Vespa I'd say the slide was stuck open, possibly because the carb body was warped because someone over torqued it when they were re-fitting it to the engine.

He's an hour and a half away from me,so I was hoping to have a couple of ideas about what to try to see if I could diagnose. I don't really want to trailer hie thing home but I'm not going to ride the brakes for 100 miles on the freeway either :eek:

I suppose I could offer him a thousand less than asking for the inconvienence of renting and trailering?:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts