Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've been having this issue with the GV when taking it offroad, seems like there is a deadspot in the throttle for me.
eg scenario, I'm in 4L with L gear selected trying to crawl through some technical terrain, get to the uphill and it wont climb, giving it a bit of throttle with gradual pedal increase goes from doing nothing to spinning and flying up the hill.

There is probably a good portion of user error here, and its my first time in a long time owning anything with an auto trans. but is there something I'm missing?
should I not be in 4L with Trans L when im trying to crawl? is this a known throttle issue with the GV?

any tips for crawling with my setup would be awesome, its a 2010 GV 2.4i Auto and my only mod is putting on a set of 30.5 inch Ko2's (245/70/17 i think, whatever it is that everyone recommends... lol)

tried to do a bunch of searching, but sorry if i missed something that's been brought up a million times before.

Thanks,
D

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
low range, power button in and it will creep along in second with better throttle response. locked in low with power button off it will lurch a bit, mine does the same thing. 245/70/17 are a bit big and won't be helping the situation.

unless you specifically need the low range, leave it in 4H. I use low range only for climbing over very rough stuff or slow crawling uphill at about 2000 rpm.

·
Administrator
16,161 Posts
In my opinion there is an issue with throttle response, and it is more noticeable on the automatic transmission models than it is on the manual transmissions - there are "throttle response controllers" that can, at least in theory, be used to correct the situation, one example is the "pedal commander", which I believe is "plug & play" - you unplug the harness from the throttle pedal assembly, plug it the pedal commander, and then plug the pedal commander into the pedal assembly.

The controller will have several different profiles that you can choose from according to your needs - I should point out that although I have investigated these devices I have not purchased one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts