Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im at work this morning and i pull my car into the shop and change the oil. go to crank it back up and my CEL is on, so i hook up my scanner and run the codes. apparently somehow someway the throttle actuator takes a shit. has anyone else had this problem? im only at 3,700 miles and this shit is starting already i could have kept my horizon for problems like this.

·
Registered
582 Posts
chevyimports said:
so im at work this morning and i pull my car into the shop and change the oil. go to crank it back up and my CEL is on, so i hook up my scanner and run the codes. apparently somehow someway the throttle actuator takes a shit. has anyone else had this problem? im only at 3,700 miles and this shit is starting already i could have kept my horizon for problems like this.
Nope, i have an 06 reno and I now have 18094 miles on it and no problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wait the throttle actuator after an oil change? how in the hell... are you sure that was the exact code? and did you check exactly what it meant on your scanner?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i checked and double checked. i know it has absolutely nuthin to do with the opil change but thats when it did it. and to make me feel even better about the purchase of this what seems to be a nightmare in the works, just to fill you in i work at a automotive shop, i called the suzuki dealer to ask what the deffinition of the codes were cause i lost my book and they in such a kind voice said; why are you working on it? bring it here and let a real technician look at it. which really pissed me off. so when i got home this evening i looked up these codes on the net and found there meaning.
P2160 Vehicle speed sensor "B" circuit low
(dunno where this code comes in to play yet)
P2110 Throttle Actuator Control System- Forced Limited RPM
P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System- Forced Limited Power

Now i am trying to figure out why it did this and its completely blowing my mind. Im pretty sure the actuator is not shot but i can`t locate the problem so i guess im gonna have to hand it over to the assholes at the dealership to sort this one out. all i know is when i hold the gas pedal to the floor the butterfly in the throttle body doesnt budge. so first thing in the morning im taking the CAI off and putting the factory air box and junk back in and callin up the roadside assistance crew to come haul it in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
chevyimports said:
yea i checked and double checked. i know it has absolutely nuthin to do with the opil change but thats when it did it. and to make me feel even better about the purchase of this what seems to be a nightmare in the works, just to fill you in i work at a automotive shop, i called the suzuki dealer to ask what the deffinition of the codes were cause i lost my book and they in such a kind voice said; why are you working on it? bring it here and let a real technician look at it. which really pissed me off. so when i got home this evening i looked up these codes on the net and found there meaning.
P2160 Vehicle speed sensor "B" circuit low
(dunno where this code comes in to play yet)
P2110 Throttle Actuator Control System- Forced Limited RPM
P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System- Forced Limited Power

Now i am trying to figure out why it did this and its completely blowing my mind. Im pretty sure the actuator is not shot but i can`t locate the problem so i guess im gonna have to hand it over to the assholes at the dealership to sort this one out. all i know is when i hold the gas pedal to the floor the butterfly in the throttle body doesnt budge. so first thing in the morning im taking the CAI off and putting the factory air box and junk back in and callin up the roadside assistance crew to come haul it in.
Yeah, that is what the Warrenty if for.. use it wisely...hehe

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well problem is i dont trust dealerships after my experiences with my cavalier. i spun a rod bearing when i got it and they said they put a new engine in it and as it turns out they polished the crank with some emory cloth and slapped a new bearing in it which lasted about 3 weeks and then they wouldnt replace the engine for real, so there was a long court battle which i wound up getting nothing out of it and rebuilding my engine at home. and im really kinda weary of them if they are that rude to there customers over the phone. but o well guess i gotta bite the bullet this time, this has been the first car in a long time to trick me like this, but hopefully i will learn somethin from this and not have to take it to the dealer next time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
chevyimports said:
well problem is i dont trust dealerships after my experiences with my cavalier. i spun a rod bearing when i got it and they said they put a new engine in it and as it turns out they polished the crank with some emory cloth and slapped a new bearing in it which lasted about 3 weeks and then they wouldnt replace the engine for real, so there was a long court battle which i wound up getting nothing out of it and rebuilding my engine at home. and im really kinda weary of them if they are that rude to there customers over the phone. but o well guess i gotta bite the bullet this time, this has been the first car in a long time to trick me like this, but hopefully i will learn somethin from this and not have to take it to the dealer next time.
Well that was your cavalier, you are not dealing with the same dealer are you? Give them a try and see what come of it.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
chevyimports said:
If the dealershi you go to trys to do something like this call up Suzuki and report this to them and what your problem is as well. Suzuki will crack down on the dealership.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
chevyimports said:
Free part. Free part. Free part. Free part. Free part. Free part. Free part. Free part.

Its under warrenty. Don't mention the oil change. Just say it took a crap one day. THat warrenty is a good one, use it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i just got it dropped off at the dealer and of course they told me the same thing i told them yesterday. i already knew what the codes were and didnt need to know that again all i want is the damn thing fixed but they are thinkin its the wiring harness and im just gonna let them see if they can fix it. if they can great if not o well maybe ill just get another one thats a 5 speed this time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so im impressed with the service time of suzuki now. they had to replace the PCM and the throttle body, and had the car back to me the same day. i guess they are havin alot of probs with these to keep a pcm and a replacement throttle body on the shelf, but neways car is fixed and the new pcm already has all the updates in it so hopefully no more cold start probs and what not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts