Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i have a 96 vitara v6 2.0 5 door, she finally purrs like a kitten and im really enjoying the old girl, however she is super heavy on fuel.

on normal commuting i get less than 320km for a full tank, i checked for leaks, odours etc and found nothing, she is also pretty weak for a v6

but she sounds good, purrrs along the freeway

any advice / suggestions ????

regards from here in South Africa
Deon

·
Super Moderator
12,165 Posts
Telling us less than "320km for a full tank" tells us very little - we need to know how much fuel you're putting in the tank.

Telling us "normal commuting" tells us even less - is what's normal for me, normal for you?

The way to do a fuel consumption check is to fill the tank, note the level in the filler neck, zero the trip odometer and drive - the next time you fill, fill to the same level as before, note the quantity of fuel, note the mileage, reset the trip, and repeat - do this for two or more cycles and get the average.

Phil - I don't think the SV620 was ever released with an OBD2 compliant injection system, the Africa market models didn't even have an O2 sensor, they run open loop 100% of the time.

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
Phil - I don't think the SV620 was every released with an OBD2 compliant injection system, the Africa market models didn't even have an O2 sensor, they run open loop 100% of the time.

WoW! I missed the location completely..

Revise my suggestion, ignore the fuel trim..

.... Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts