Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
it you get this let me know if it works and also let me know if i could hook an amp to it as i want to install my sub woofer in my car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with this guys? Did you pay import tax?

2Din Suzuki SX4 DVD GPS Navigation Car Radio Headunit
I'm in the US and I installed this unit in my 08 sx4 crossover, I must say this unit exceeds the kind of features I was expecting from it. I thoroughly enjoyed using it during my several long trips to Canada. No need to pay import tax, and they will declare lower value in the invoice for customs. Overall the unit is great and it looks good too....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the US and I installed this unit in my 08 sx4 crossover, I must say this unit exceeds the kind of features I was expecting from it. I thoroughly enjoyed using it during my several long trips to Canada. No need to pay import tax, and they will declare lower value in the invoice for customs. Overall the unit is great and it looks good too....
Hi donnald, just wondering how easy the unit was to install. Was it pretty much plug and play or was there work to do re steering wheel controls etc? Any info on installation would be great. Cheers Mick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi donnald, just wondering how easy the unit was to install. Was it pretty much plug and play or was there work to do re steering wheel controls etc? Any info on installation would be great. Cheers Mick
There's a massive amount of info about these Chinese head units on clubsx4 where I personally started a couple threads about installing... In short, it's very easy plug and play install, works directly with the steering wheel controls with little to no adjustment, although there is a wheel control menu in the software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it you get this let me know if it works and also let me know if i could hook an amp to it as i want to install my sub woofer in my car
The Chinese head units have a single rca subwoofer outlet. You need to add an rca y-adapter (1 male to 2 female then connect your signal cable to those) to get the two channel input for your amp to provide all the power it can(yes even if it's a "mono" amp. Mono refers to the amps output, they still need two channels of input.)

These units have *no* subwoofer control at all. No on/off, no level adjustment, no phase selector... Nothing. Just generally lower frequencies delivered to a single female rca plug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fits perfectly in my SuzukiSX4 crossover 2013

Does anyone have any experience with this guys? Did you pay import tax?

2Din Suzuki SX4 DVD GPS Navigation Car Radio Headunit
recently installed such a unit, no tax, fits perfectly in my SuzukiSX4 crossover 2013, with 2015 maps, dvd player and radio works fine, steering wheel controls still work, tested the bluetooth with my s4, it can also play bluetooth stream music from my phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts