Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys in thinking about getting a Suzuki SX4 Crossover this summer and was wanting to know if the manual transmissions are good as I want a 5spd AWD SX4. And is there any companies making performance parts for these cars, headers, ect. Im a noob so bear with me:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and I'm a Suzuki salesman so I might be a homer but I think the manual transmissions are easy to shift and as I found out, are much better in snow than the Automatics.

As far as upgrades, I'd check ebay or just google it. Suzuki doesn't offer too much on performance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love the manual transmission. You really get the most out of the car with it. I'm getting another one in September.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would only get this car with a manual transmission... so much more fun to drive. And if you dont do stick yet, learn, it's not semiconductor physics
G

·
Registered
235 Posts
for someone with no desire to really drive the car, just get around, the automatic is fine. But, if you really enjoy driving and feeling much more a part of the car, the 5-speed is really great. With this car (and many others) driving both AT and MT versions really shows how much performance and driver feel is lost through the automatic. The car is so much more spritely and nimble feeling with the stick. The shifter is pretty well set up, you can feel the gears fairly well, throw isn't too long.
As for upgrades, as stated above, Suzuki offers nearly nothing for performance. Their "SWT" (Suzuki Works Techno) parts line is nothing but exhaust tips (not even mufflers...just a new chrome tip), stickers, and trim covers. I was talking with some of the corperate technicians at Suzuki headquarters and they agreed that it's shameful that Suzuki, a company that makes such amazing motorcycles ATV's and marine engines, provides no way at all to make their automotive offerings anything more than the factory made them. I'd really like to see SWT's product line offer parts more along the lines of what Subaru's SPT has: Struts, springs, sway-bars, engine mounts, shifter stiffenting and short-shifter kits, cat-back exhausts, cold-air intakes, wheels, brakes, etc....and all will fully retain factory warranty. Suzuki even has concept cars with all sorts of power and performance goodies...C'MON SUZUKI, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN! The SX4 and upcoming Swift and Kizashi could be made into real screamers with the right tweaks and tuning.
~Erik~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts