Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an suzuki vitara jlx 1990 55kw carb model and i replced the thermostat on my suzuki but the problem was with it cos it wasnt his stock thermostat, it wasnt even fit inside the housing so i did some scraping of metal around it, when i fitted it i bleed out the exces air from the cooling system. One day i left the car parked for 5 days and the system got pressuresed so much that the coolant could not flow thrue the system, after some troubleshooting i decided to remove that thermostat and now the car dont get pressure but it cabt get to working temp. My question is now what thermostat should i buy, i cant find the original cos i live in 3 world country

·
Super Moderator
23,887 Posts
This may be a tough one. What country are you in?
I cannot say for the carb engine, but for the throttle body, there was an early and later thermostat. There are two different kinds of thermostat housing for these cars - and early one and later model
The early part number for the thermostat is 17600-60811. This thermostat used a paper gasket, and was normally for the 1989-1990 cars. The thermostat housing for this is only 1mm deep.
The later thermostat housing was deeper, 4mm, and used a rubber gasket that fit around the outside of the thermostat itself. The part number for that one is 17600-60813 - it did not use the paper gasket.
Perhaps you can measure your thermostat housing and advise the measurements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts