Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm going crazy trying to replace my thermostat..can't locate the housing. I am following the radiator pipe (upper) into the engine but the hole looks small for the 2 different supplied thermostats. Any ideas on where it is pls? Google images aren't that helpful. I have a 1.1 GLS auto maruti... In advance thanks..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005...thanks for the reply.. Diagram makes sense and that was the first place I looked. Problem is; thermostats supplied by eurocarparts and eBay were too big to fit in the housing in the diagram. Also, if that is the right place, there is NO thermostat present currently. Is that possible even? Coming up to second winter driving around without thermostat? Heating was hit and miss ever since I owned the car....

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
2005...thanks for the reply.. Diagram makes sense and that was the first place I looked. Problem is; thermostats supplied by eurocarparts and eBay were too big to fit in the housing in the diagram. Also, if that is the right place, there is NO thermostat present currently. Is that possible even? Coming up to second winter driving around without thermostat? Heating was hit and miss ever since I owned the car....
It is possible that if it used to suffer overheating somebody may have removed it. It will over cool, especially this time of year and the heater won't be up to much either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the reply...temp dial is well below the middle all the time.. Where is the best place (main dealer even?) to get the right part with the reg number? Not many people had the thermostat when I did enquire.. I used to own lots of Wagons and their thermostats were as tiny as this one I guess in order to fit.. Thanks again D..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will measure this weekend and update you with pics even..the part is not with me as I work away from home.. Many thanks again for your help... Danny

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Thanks again for the reply...temp dial is well below the middle all the time.. Where is the best place (main dealer even?) to get the right part with the reg number? Not many people had the thermostat when I did enquire.. I used to own lots of Wagons and their thermostats were as tiny as this one I guess in order to fit.. Thanks again D..
Any Suzuki dealer should be able to supply the correct one from your reg as should most motorist shops though they don't always get it right as you've found out.
You could also try your VIN here and scroll to the relevant page to confirm your thermostat part number.
https://www.catalogs.ssg.asia/suzuki/?lang=en

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are absolutely right! Should have gone to main dealer first instead of trying to save a quid which caused all the mess in the first place. Your help is much appreciated, I will update with progress..

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Well after a bit of head scratching and putting a few pics together I'm pretty certain somebody has fitted the thermostat housing on the wrong way. Top pic is from a parts listing and shows it the opposite way around as does the lower pic from the workshop manual. The body photo shows the recess that the thermostat should fit in but that's now facing the block. This is just my opinion so could well be wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blatantly so..you are right....I can't thank you enough..delay in responding is due to a shock NOT a sign of disrespect..lol I have another pic to prove your point...I will upload..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The delay in responding is due to the shock, further analysis and relief at the same time..I can't thank you enough,.. I will update as soon as this is rectified.. Danny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 84762

Would u look at that! Now I can even see the thermostat positioning arrow.. There was a thermostat facing the engine block..crazy!! I couldn't (wouldn't ) have done this without you..big thanks! Topped up with antifreeze, released the bubbles and I finally have heating!!! After 2 years :) you the man, thanks again!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts