Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a car lift, but I do have a wide-angle lens and a flash gun, so I recently tried taking some pictures of my GV from below...

front:

back:

See anything out of the ordinary? How about the cylindrical part in the first image, I'm not even sure what it is - it's light grey, about halfway down and goes across. There seems to be a gap in its shielding, is that normal?

And, just behind it is a black horizontal strut of some kind, does that have any function or is it just for stability?

Sorry if sound like a noob :p Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
Are you experiencing some sort of drive-ability issue? :huh:

Your questions / concerns seem out of the ordinary. I see heat shields, catalytic convertor and exhaust piping. Nothing weird.

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
How about the cylindrical part in the first image
Exhaust pipe covered in a heat shield. ;)

Appears normal to me, even with the slight gap at the seam.

Clean underside! :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
All normal except you are missing the two plastic covers that fit under the engine sump and front diff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All normal except you are missing the two plastic covers that fit under the engine sump and front diff.
Really? What are they supposed to look like? I can't see any obvious place a plastic cover would attach to....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
One is forward of the cross bar at the very top of your photo, the other to the right of the front diff. See pic below.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One is forward of the cross bar at the very top of your photo, the other to the right of the front diff. See pic below.
Thanks for that. Are you sure that shielding is on the 3.2L models as well? For one, the shield further to the back wouldn't even fit over the exhaust as seen in my pic.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think it's clear in the photo that the cover to the right of the diff is forward of the cross beam that is in front of where the exhaust hangs down. Someone else will have to comment as to what's on the 3.2.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The "black horizontal strut of some kind" are there to help reinforce your frame. They are pretty solid, I can garantee you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts