Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Im happy I found this Forum. So many Suzuki enthusiest in one place!

To all that do not know let me fill you in on something. The Suzuki Forenza and Verona are Daewoo. Thats right Daewoo! This is why no other Suzuki part is compatible i.e. wiring diagrams.

THe Forenza is actually the Nubira III(third model) and The Verona is the Magnus. In Korea and across the globe these cars are labeled differently. Everything from Suzuki to Daewoo to GM Daewoo to Chevrolet to even Buick(in China)! I learned this not soon after making the choice to purchase one. I have a Desert Green Forenza EX and I love it!

I am an active forum member at www.Daewootech.com
There is a wealth of information available from fellow owners and Original Daewoo owners who have the Forenza's engine and some chassis components. There are a couple of members who have done turbos and more.

Don't forget the Aveo is a distant cousin as well. It is a Daewoo Kalos in Korea. Speaking of Korea, through a partnership I have made with one of the most prominent Daewoo tuners in Korea (Intimidator) (the name of course) we will have access to KDM(korean domestic market) parts. We will also have access to aftermarket parts produced by Intimidator.

If you do decide to visit www.daewootech.com pleae check out the photo album section. You will see my car and others. I recently removed my head unit, you can view pics of this as well. There is another independent tuning company ran by a forum member at Daewootech, friend of mine. His SN is GsiTurbo. He will be launching products for our cars in the near future(before the years end).

We are also working with members at Aeriostyle forums(possibly) to develop a dealer network for aftermarket parts sourced by the aforementioned parties.

If you want to tune your Forenza and have been unsuccesful thus far, help is on the way. I am not spamming just filling you in on what I have found. Even though my car is Originally made by GM Daewoo, I view it as a Suzuki because Suzuki is the company that delivered it to me.

Once again, it's a pleasure to find this forum. I hope everyone has a great week! :D

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Originally posted by Tim04@Sep 19 2004, 09:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

To all that do not know let me fill you in on something. The Suzuki Forenza and Verona are Daewoo. Thats right Daewoo! This is why no other Suzuki part is compatible i.e. wiring diagrams.

THe Forenza is actually the Nubira III(third model) and The Verona is the Magnus. In Korea and across the globe these cars are labeled differently. Everything from Suzuki to Daewoo to GM Daewoo to Chevrolet to even Buick(in China)! I learned this not soon after making the choice to purchase one. I have a Desert Green Forenza EX and I love it!

There is a wealth of information available from fellow owners and Original Daewoo owners who have the Forenza's engine and some chassis components. There are a couple of members who have done turbos and more.

Don't forget the Aveo is a distant cousin as well. It is a Daewoo Kalos in Korea. Speaking of Korea, through a partnership I have made with one of the most prominent Daewoo tuners in Korea (Intimidator) (the name of course) we will have access to KDM(korean domestic market) parts. We will also have access to aftermarket parts produced by Intimidator.

If you do decide to visit www.daewootech.com pleae check out the photo album section. You will see my car and others. I recently removed my head unit, you can view pics of this as well. There is another independent tuning company ran by a forum member at Daewootech, friend of mine. His SN is GsiTurbo. He will be launching products for our cars in the near future(before the years end).

We are also working with members at Aeriostyle forums(possibly) to develop a dealer network for aftermarket parts sourced by the aforementioned parties.

If you want to tune your Forenza and have been unsuccesful thus far, help is on the way. I am not spamming just filling you in on what I have found. Even though my car is Originally made by GM Daewoo, I view it as a Suzuki because Suzuki is the company that delivered it to me.

Once again, it's a pleasure to find this forum. I hope everyone has a great week! :D
Arnt you on cardomain also? i think i just commented in your guest book, again.

·
Registered
290 Posts
When GM bought Daewoo a couple of years ago, Suzuki also bought 10% of the company. With future cooperation, and intention to bring GM Daewoo built models to Japan, the name might be different, but we should see some merging of them in the future.

But for now, yes, there isn't much compatibility or parts sharing going on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Ming@Oct 20 2004, 07:44 AM
When GM bought Daewoo a couple of years ago, Suzuki also bought 10% of the company. With future cooperation, and intention to bring GM Daewoo built models to Japan, the name might be different, but we should see some merging of them in the future.

But for now, yes, there isn't much compatibility or parts sharing going on.

Where did you hear that? I'm not trying to question you...just asking out of curiosity. If that is the truth, that would be really good. Suzuki makes better engines...maybe they can share those. Or put the I-6 in the Reno and Forenza as an option.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Tim, Ming is right but I can't say where he got learned that from. I learned about it through Suzuki's 05 Press Book which had some stats on how much percentage GM owns of GMDAT and Suzuki and how much percentage Suzuki owns of GM and GMDAT.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I know he is correct about GMDAT (Suzuki/GM/Shanghai Motors/Korean Stockholders). I was talking about Suzuki deciding to bring the GMDAT cars to the Japanese market. If Suzuki were to do that, it would do incredible things for the aftermarket potential of those models. Hopefully Suzuki will "Make the smart move" and go ahead with that plan!

I would imagine for them (Suzuki) to produce future SWT models or parts, a varient in Japan would be helpful. This includes the Aerio. I really like the Aerio especially the '05. I believe the Aerio could be a much better seller if Suzuki just gave it a bit more power (turbo anyone?). I think they will have a winner with the new Swift as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh gotcha Tim! I too heard that Suzuki will be selling the Verona (maybe Forenza too) in Japan soon so they can sort of establish their nameplate in the midsize segment. As for an Aerio turbo, doesn't SWT have one in Japan? Or is that just exhaust systems?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Originally posted by Tim04@Sep 19 2004, 09:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

Do you know when the hell GsiTurbo is getting his company going? Half the posts of daewootech say hes getting it going but never say how far or close he is? I WANT PARTS DAMNIT! :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by kinkyllama@Oct 24 2004, 09:06 PM
Do you know when the hell GsiTurbo is getting his company going? Half the posts of daewootech say hes getting it going but never say how far or close he is? I WANT PARTS ! :lol:
Should be soon, it's not very easy to do..this will be a full fledged legal company. Not just a guy selling parts he's got laying around. Give him a couple of months, I bet we will see something turn up. :)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Originally posted by Tim04@Oct 26 2004, 10:06 PM
Should be soon, it's not very easy to do..this will be a full fledged legal company. Not just a guy selling parts he's got laying around. Give him a couple of months, I bet we will see something turn up. :)
I understand all the legal crap, my family has owned plenty of business' and its ALOTA work. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts