Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post here so dont hesitate to correct me if I post in the wrong thread.

I will get right to point. I am currently living on the island of St. Kitts. the vehicle are old, local mechanics are less than desirable, and parts have to take a pilgrimage to get here.
My friend owns a 1998 Suzuki Samurai SJ80-123022. She needs a new clutch wheel and I am having a rather difficult time finding one that will for sure fit this vehicle. I am unable to find basic information and am looking to you guys for some insight. Im not gonna lie, the vehicles on this island are driven until they dissolve into a pile of rust. They are lucky to get an oil change. She and I are students. She bought it from another student who also probably bought form a student who mostlikely bought it from a local. It is a right hand drive with I believe a 5 speed transmission and a 1.3L 4cylinder engine.

I read on another forum that the SJ80 is equivalent to the SJ413. Is there any truth to that? Is there an american model equivalent for this vehicle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a picture because why not.

Thanks, -Z

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
As far as I know your correct, I believe the SJ80 is a coil sprung version of the SJ413. I think these are more common in Australia. Some of our members frequent the Australian forums and hopefully will be able to give better advice.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The SJ80 is the Japanese built 'coily' model. They weren't sold in the US or the UK, I once drove one round Turkey but I've never changed a clutch on one. The Aus forums are probably your best bet for information. Auszookers has a lot of knowledgeable members:
Auszookers – Online Suzuki 4×4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went and made an account on the ausookers forum. Apparently they have been burned by spammers in the past and now have like a 3 day approval wait time for new members to post. I have made my introduction and requested to be taken off the wait list. But that post of course needs approval. So in the mean time does anyone have insight into clutch wheels for the SJ80?

Thanks, -Z

·
Super Moderator
12,178 Posts
Go back to AZ - your post has been answered and someone has even provided a link to an ebay clutch kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go back to AZ - your post has been answered and someone has even provided a link to an ebay clutch kit.
Awesome! They posted and Ebay link for the clutch wheel. Thanks for everyones suggestions to post on the ausookers site. Im gonna order this ASAP. Ill let you guys know how it works out. I hate dead end threads.

Thanks, -Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts