Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5th gear is popping out. You have heard this a million times on the forum, I know. So I know I need this part 25400-55810 spring set... I do not know where to get it however. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! I have looked all over to no avail. Please enlighten. 2002 Aerio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this service bulletin:
Bulletin Number: AS23-06
Date: 04/12/06
Page: 1 of 2
NOTICE
Unintended disengagement of 5th gear under acceleration on a 2002 or 2003 Aerio equipped with
manual transmission.
CORRECTION
A 5th gear spring set with a modified 5th gear shift yoke spring has been made available for 2002 and
2003 Aerio (RH420) vehicles equipped with manual transmission. Note that this set is not applicable to
2004 and later model year Aerio (RH423) as the 5th/reverse gear shift yoke and related parts on these
vehicles has been changed.
PARTS INFORMATION
A 5th gear spring set may be ordered according to your normal parts ordering procedure. The 5th gear
spring set includes a spring, washer and plug.
Description Part Number Illustration
Spring set, 5th gear 25400-55810
Front
Plug
Spring
Washer
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
Claim warranty reimbursement according to your normal SuzukiVision eCentre procedure. Include the
following information. It is not necessary to obtain authorization from your District Parts and Service
Manager for this repair.
Complaint Code ........................................................ 24
Defect Code ............................................................. 49
Basic Code ............................................................... GE9999
Time .......................................................................... 0.3 (hrs)
Causal Part Number / Qty. / Description ................... 25435-70C02 / 0 / Spring, gear shift
Associated Part Number / Qty. / Description ............ 25400-55810 / 1 / Spring set, 5th gear
Trouble description ................................................... Transmission slips out of 5th gear. Install 5th
gear spring set.
Service Department
Suzuki Canada Inc.
REPAIR PROCEDURE
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF, set the parking brake
and place the shift lever in 5th gear position.
2. Raise the hood and locate the plug for the 5th gear
spring which is mounted on the top of the transaxle.
The 5th gear spring plug is the closest of the three
plugs to the front of the vehicle.
3. Remove the 5th gear plug and spring.
4. Install the new 5th gear spring into the opening.
Install the plug and washer. Tighten the plug to the
specification.
5th gear plug
13 N.m (1.3 kgf-m, 9.0 lb-ft)

I too have searched Suzuki data bases but cannot find this part....?

·
Super Moderator
18,425 Posts
Well that...
Causal Part Number / Qty. / Description ................... 25435-70C02 / 0 / Spring, gear shift
appears as a good part number.

Suzuki Parts - Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store

The other # may be a just typo though.

You could call Suzuki (a Dealer should be able to handle it), reference the Service Bulletin number and get some satisfaction that way. :)

Phone & Fax
Phone: (800) 338-9208
Fax: (714) 560-4156

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.. Lol. I didn't think of searching for the casual part number, but yes I see that is available. I have ordered it. We will see if this provides a fix. Thank you Max for your most swift efforts of helping me solve my issue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
replaced spring still popping out

I replaced that spring but it is still popping out of 5th on my 02 aerio. does this mean i need to replace the 5th gear synchro hub and ring? found a parts list for this replair and it listed the 5th gear input shaft, counter shaft, circlip, shift fork and bearing set as well as the syncho ring and hub. will i really need to replace the entire 5th gear.

thanks for any help

cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts