Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all thank you.
I have a Suzuki Ignis 1.3i 16V GL first series year 2000.
The engine turns off while driving, after which I have to wait at least 2 hours to restart the engine and drive another 100m, after which the engine turns off again.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Crank Angle Sensor or Cam Angle Sensor. Replace Crank Sensor first as your cheapest option, then go from there. It will need to be on a hoist, as that sensor is on side of engine block near water pump, behind alternator. Crank is most common, but both are heat related failing items on the Ignis.

·
Super Moderator
18,284 Posts
FIRST scan the onboard computer (ECU) for error codes to aid in finding the cause! ;)

Then obtain and post the code numbers here. A free service of an Auto Parts establishment.

Reactions: nicovon

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,978 Posts
That is the water temp sensor that tells the ECU how hot the engine is running, should not have caused the engine to shut down..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In addition to the problem I wrote about in the thread there is also another minor but no less serious problem. There must be some water leakage somewhere because it ends (only with the car running) after a few km and I have to refill it. I take this opportunity to ask you which of the two corks should I put the water in?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,978 Posts
Pressure test the coolant system first, if you have a head gasket issue, the engine must be opened to fix..

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all thank you.
I have a Suzuki Ignis 1.3i 16V GL first series year 2000.
The engine turns off while driving, after which I have to wait at least 2 hours to restart the engine and drive another 100m, after which the engine turns off again.
I have a similar problem with the engine turning off. I have replaced both crankshaft and camshaft sensors. The problem seemed to go away for a time and now it is re-occurring. The engine stops when it gets warm after about 5 minutes. There is no engine check light on before the engine stops. Up to the time the engine stops, everything is normal.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Try changing a coil pack, then if still no good swap refit original swap the other one over to see which one is possibly faulty. Where in Aus are you?

·
Registered
865 Posts
in Canley Heights.
Plenty of wreckers in your area. I'm in QLD, so I can't really lend you one to try it. If your engine is a M13A, then there is also the Jimny of same years that has the M13A - I think nothing else Suzuki is the same. I'm not sure if M15A coils are the same - you could always compare them physically?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts