Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i need help on my car i have a suzuki multicab i think its 6 valve cuz it have 3 cylinders. right now i’m having a problem i bought this car surplus so i just fixed it myself. I manage to make it run but the probelem is while its on idle the engine keeps on raising its rom and wont slow down. I already change the carburetor but still them same. I even change the fuel filter and hoses. Is there any adjustments i can do in the carburetor? or should i overhaul and check my fuel pump? I have a mechanical pump right now, I’m guessing that the pump might be the problem? not enough or stable pressure maybe? Also I’m planning to get electric fuel pump please do guide me in here. I dont want to get another mechanic since I already have 4 mechanics checked it so I’m doing it myself. I’m a marine engineer so just little experience on car engines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw from what i observed also if i manual close the choke with my finger the engine slow down. But i think it supposed to react like that cuz i closed its air supply or there should be something that controls the choke? cuz in mine there’s only spring that holds it to close.

·
Registered
268 Posts
As far as I know, carburetors require about 4 psi of fuel pressure to maintain idle
So, I doubt the mechanical fuel pump is the issue
(Could be wrong and probably someone will say so)

The choke helps to keep the engine running when the engine is cold
And when it warms up, should react accordingly
There is a return spring and on the side there may be a bi-metal coil
(on older carbs, there was a choke cable linked to a push/pull handle)
As the temperature changes, the coil should turn the choke

When the engine hunts for an idle (runs hi and low rpm), it is usually the carburetor
Needs to be cleaned and readjusted.

Take the information with a big grain of salt
Wish you luck working on your project car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know, carburetors require about 4 psi of fuel pressure to maintain idle
So, I doubt the mechanical fuel pump is the issue
(Could be wrong and probably someone will say so)

The choke helps to keep the engine running when the engine is cold
And when it warms up, should react accordingly
There is a return spring and on the side there may be a bi-metal coil
(on older carbs, there was a choke cable linked to a push/pull handle)
As the temperature changes, the coil should turn the choke

When the engine hunts for an idle (runs hi and low rpm), it is usually the carburetor
Needs to be cleaned and readjusted.

Take the information with a big grain of salt
Wish you luck working on your project car
yes I’m also looking for the actuator of that choke cuz it seems that in our carburetor theres only spring attached to it and nothing else. If i hold the choke it fixed the problem it maintained its speed and if i released it start to run fast again. I also tried to change with stronger spring but the cant open choke it end up dying.

Can anyone give me a picture of the carburetor with coil connected at the choke?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like you just need to adjust the idle speed screw. You should find a screw that contacts the throttle arm, probably opposite where the cable attaches. Look closely, and you'll find that it's holding the throttle open a bit. Turn that screw out and the idle should drop. Make the adjustment while the engine is running.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts