Suzuki Forums banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Well, 3 weeks later, I have at least a couple new parts. Maybe I'll be able to make some progress this weekend.

Fine looking parts you've got there, looks like your going all out. :cool:

Hope you get some time in this weekend.
We look forward to more pics & updates.

Don

^_^

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Well, the project is slowly moving forward. Again. Here's where I am as of tonight:

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
Well, the project is slowly moving forward. Again.
Cool! . . . . .
and . . . . .
you know. . . .
only a 13 month pause.
Glad you can remember where you left off!! (y)

Don

Reactions: skills4lou

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Well, the timing system is all installed, with the exception of the cover. I had to steal a couple of the shoulder bolts for the guides from the junk 2.0, thankfully they are the same. Stupid PO tricks boogered two of them.
Now as long as I can get the cover cleaned up and find all the bolts, the hard part of the long block is done.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Pics of the rebuild in progress, and the backup plan.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
The major covers are all back in place.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Made a little more progress this afternoon. I decided that the engineers who designed the intake should take good long look at a small block Chevy. In the background you can sit of make out the J20a block still sitting on the floor.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
With the arrival of hunting season progress has slowed a bit, but I still find a little time here and there. The biggest problem now is finding the correct bolts, because the PO didn't find it necessary to bag and tag as he tore things down. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple of the short bolts that fasten the torque converter to the ring gear, but everything else so far has been either in the pile or able to be robbed from the J20. At any rate, I'm to the point where I need to clean and organize the shop so I can pull the Bazuki in! Pics below of where I left off tonight.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The biggest problem now is finding the correct bolts, because the PO didn't find it necessary to bag and tag as he tore things down.
That sort of thing drives me nuts. When I did my swap and teardown, I bagged and tagged the nuts and bolts for each engine and used the best ones for the rebuild. Even then, I got some of the parts mixed up.

Looks great, keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
It looks great!!
Good job.
Made a little more progress this afternoon. I decided that the engineers who designed the intake should take good long look at a small block Chevy.
I couldn't agree more, I am to that point right now on my LT1 refresh and it is even more simple than the gen1 small blocks.
Pull her in and drop in the new bullet!!

Don

121 - 130 of 130 Posts