engine seized on the previous owner,... timing chain was definitely an issue... the main issue was that the oil pickup tube screen was completely plugged with sludge and crud
that PITA bit across the rear? and it leaks right where its has the kink to get round the dizzy? I hate GM for that design. I had a hell of a job getting the 350 block to manifold to seal up properly, I finally used motorcycle case sealer. No leaks....apart from rocker cover on right bank, timing chain cover crank seal and the oil filler cap.Short update: I spend a few hours yesterday evening cleaning on the oil pan. Good lord that was nasty. I have a solvent tank parts washer, and with the nylon and brass brushes I may have been able to remove half the gunk that needs to get cleaned up. Probably will be working another few hours just on the pan.
I also got the new pistons/rings in the mail, so I'll be replacing all of that soon.
Today's project was fixing the oil leak in the kids' car (Oldsmobile). Had to R&R the lower intake to get to the area that was leaking. Not sure what happened on that one, I just did a top end rebuild last spring. Must not have gotten everything completely clean, it was leaking along the top of the block/intake manifold seam where GM does the bead of sealant trick. It's clean now!
go buy the next oversize ring set, gap them to fit the bore and use them, bit of extra tension on the rings that wayMax,
I just measure with my fingernail. If it fits, then there's too much gap. So far none of them have failed the test.