Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am test driving a 2011 SX4 today and am wondering if there is anything I should look out for? It is a 6 speed manual, I don't know too much about it I haven't picked it up yet. I'm in Texas if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What it's mileage?
Apart from normal checks as for any car, trace of accidents or hard contacts , bizarre engine sounds, if properly maintained, I mean, oil level kept OK..well..it does not normally burn oil...but just in case...there are no main issues as I can see now .
SOme really minor issues have been tubing to windshield wiper nozzles that kept disconnecting (change tubing and it is OK)..and..and...well, nothing comes to my mind.
WIsh you can enjoy the car. Specially with a manual, you have more options in hand, specially towing (towing the car or using the car to tow a trailer) that is much easier and trouble free than with the cvt...
ahhh...you did not specify what model (sedan or hatcback) or if it is AWD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 51,000 miles it is sitting at my credit union and my aunt (the VP of the credit union) is fixing to lower the price to $5,000 but said she would take $4,500 which is a lot better then the $10,000 it started out at.

·
Registered
862 Posts
OK then a FWD...I made a trip with a friend having that model, with a CVT though...and found it quieter than my AWD hatchback.
MOst problems that come on this forum (with time and mileage) are about the AWD rear end: bearings, driving shaft, coupling clutch....so you have none of that....
At that price, I would also take it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts