Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys/gals, first time on this board and glad to be here!

In a nutshell I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza and I am experiencing very poor MPG; I get 11 to 12 miles per gallon in the city, which is horrible.

Now I want to replace my o2 sensors to see if this may resolve the issue. My question is how many O2 sensors are there in the 05 Forenza. And which one is the main 02 sensor that i should replace? Is it the one right in front of the engine or the one below underneath the car near the cat converter?

FYI, I did a engine diagnostic and I came up with code P0420. But I don't know how having a bad/poor catalyst converter will effect fuel efficiency.

Thank you!!!

CLIFF NOTES:
- Have terrible MPG on my '05 Forenza; 11-12 MPG in the city
- Want to change 02 sensor
- Don't know how many 02 sensors there are, and which one should I replace
- Did a computer diagnostic and getting P0420 for cat converter below threshold efficiency

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi welcome to the forum! first there are two o2 sensors. one right after the first cat and one underneath. the sensors work together each taking a reading of the exhaust flow and the difference between the two is the number that the ecu is looking for. what makes you think the o2 sensors are bad? the reading before and after the cat must be off thats why its giving you the p0420 code. have you kept up with all the tune ups, filters and oil changes? did you do the 60k timing belt change? how is the car running? hows the idle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts