Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Refer Suzuki Ignis 2022 review: GLX long-term | Part 1

Suzuki Ignis 2022 review: GLX long-term | Part 1

... the MY22 Ignis I’ve got the keys to lacks the in-built satellite navigation system of previous model years due to the global semiconductor shortage.

It does, however, have a larger touchscreen, at 9.0 inches instead of 7.0, so that’s a nice plus. Also, wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support carries over. There’s no word on if, let alone when, the old set-up will be reintroduced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Refer Suzuki Ignis 2022 review: GLX long-term | Part 1

Suzuki Ignis 2022 review: GLX long-term | Part 1

... the MY22 Ignis I’ve got the keys to lacks the in-built satellite navigation system of previous model years due to the global semiconductor shortage.

It does, however, have a larger touchscreen, at 9.0 inches instead of 7.0, so that’s a nice plus. Also, wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support carries over. There’s no word on if, let alone when, the old set-up will be reintroduced.

Be interested to read part 2

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar with the webpage - simply came up in a Google alert

in the second instalment of this long-term UrbanGuide review, I’ll take a close look at the Ignis’s design and practicality.

And in the third and final part, I’ll deep-dive how it drives and, of course, deliver my final verdict. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out the prices in the adverts to the side - currently showing this:

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle

... whereas this long term top spec test car is

Price Guide $22,490 Based on new car retail price

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the old system, and I hardly use the fixed Sat Nav.

With Apple Car Play or Android Auto, all you need is Waze on the Screen and you are very good to go.
Hence, I prefer the larger screen.

Never to worry about updates, and with life traffic factored into routings, this is way better than the fixed one.

If you ever wonder to get into remote areas, just get a physical GPS, as a backup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The old Bosch system has been around for 5+ years now and it was installed in many Suzuki models around the world.
I guess the contract with them must be expired and Suzuki got a more effective option.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I lied!!
I just checked our car and we do have mapping.
Yet the dealer told me the new car didn't have it (so I never bothered to check).
We have no smart phone, etc linked to the car so it can't have 'done it's own thing' and downloaded maps (can it?).
The new screen seems a tad wider/flatter than the old Ignis (2018) we had.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts