Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck started overflowing coolant when i parked it last night, could hear it boiling when i popped the hood. The gasket on the cap is shot so i think it sucked in air. At any rate the PO was not great at maintenance so I am going to replace thermostat and some other stuff. My temp gauge does not register so i am going to start with a new sensor but when i look at the connections I cant figure out which is the sensor to the gauge, i have never seen so many things plugged in to the system like that! Can anyone tell me which is the one to replace?

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
The connection for the temp gauge on the dash is on the front of the thermostat housing, facing the radiator - it is not any of the ones on the side. I believe the wire is yellow/white. You may want to check the wire for continuity, before replacing the sender. Of course, overheating is not caused by the temperature gauge, and you need to be very careful with overheating on these cars, as you could blow your head gasket, etc. The cap on the radiator must be 13psi (0.9 bar). You need to check to make sure that your thermostat is opening as well as check for a possible blockage in the cooling system. Make sure you get the correct thermostat gasket for your car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The connection for the temp gauge on the dash is on the front of the thermostat housing, facing the radiator - it is not any of the ones on the side. I believe the wire is yellow/white. You may want to check the wire for continuity, before replacing the sender. Of course, overheating is not caused by the temperature gauge, and you need to be very careful with overheating on these cars, as you could blow your head gasket, etc. The cap on the radiator must be 13psi (0.9 bar). You need to check to make sure that your thermostat is opening as well as check for a possible blockage in the cooling system. Make sure you get the correct thermostat gasket for your car.
Hmm, all the caps i have seen have been 16 to 19 psi caps. I am going to pull the thermostat housing before i by a thermostat, read about the different gasket thicknesses last night. Thanks for the info on the temp sensor, there are like 5 different plugs within that small area..

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
You should be able to find a 0.9 bar radiator cap - or look on Rockauto, etc. It is important to have the correct pressure on the cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts