Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Forenza blows hot air only, no matter what temp setting I rotate to. Any ideas on what might be causing it? I don't fix cars myself but I want to be knowledgeable when I take it to get fixed. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Temp control does not switch from hot to cold

Mellow,
My son just brought his 2005 Forenza to me today to look at his ac, as no matter the temp selector position it only blows hot air. After checking the AC, we took the center dash plate off and found that there was no cable hooked up to the temp selector. In our case the prior owner had removed to put in a stereo system and did not put it back. In your case, it may have broken or come off. I looked up from the floor under the glove box toward the center of the dash and found the baffle that should have been hooked up to the selector. I could move if forward for heat or back for cool. If you can move yours freely, then it is a cable issue. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your helpful reply, and sorry for the delayed response. After removing the glove compartment I found that my temperature control cable appears to be missing too, and for the same reason as yours.

My nearest Suzuki dealer is inconveniently located and does not allow online ordering or home delivery. The part is only $8.00. However, I can't seem to find it online. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone can provide a lead to ordering the part online. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your prompt reply Max. Unfortunately I couldn't find the temperature control cable in the Cooling System, HVAC or Maintenance and Lubrication departments. However, that site is a definite keeper. I like the parts organization and generous inventory.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed them the same day you posted but haven't received a response. I'm going to drive down to my nearest Suzuki dealer tomorrow and order from them. Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After driving to my local Suzuki dealer to order, I got a reply from OEM Suzuki Parts for "part# 74453-85Z00 CABLE ASSY, TEMP price online $6.69" (don't know about shipping). The dealer charged $8.87 total.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts