Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to make a review on the above subject. I recently purchased the tema 4x4 spacer lift kit and had it installed. Upon checking the oem specs for ground clearance of my 07 sgv 4cyl 5dr, I saw that it has 7.9 inch/20 cm. After installation I measured it and now shows around 12inch/33cm of clearance. Basically gaining lets just say 3.5inch/10cm. So far so good hope wont get any issues with it. Also I havent installed the camber bolt included with this kit. Anybody could give ideas or feedback where and how to install the camber bolt? Pros and cons?

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
I've attached the instruction sheet from a set of Ingalls Engineering camber bolts, you probably have a different brand, but they all work in pretty much the same fashion.

Regarding the lift, it would have been better if you had made your own measurements so that you know how much the vehicle was lifted by, and for what it's worth, those measurements are never made from the ground, the method I recommend is to measure from the lowest point on the wheel rim to the wheel arch directly above, on an imaginary line that passes through the center of the wheel, done this way it removes any variables caused by tire size and or inflation pressure, if you changed the rim size, you'll have to add/subtract that difference from your measurement.

Personally I think you need to be cautious lifting these third gen vehicles, I've seen quite a few "standard height" vehicles, mine included, with torn front control arm bushes, lifted vehicles are more likely to damage the bushes faster, and the more lift you have, the greater the problem becomes. In my opinion the front suspension design is better suited to a front wheel drive sedan (which is where I first came across it), than a four wheel drive SUV.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Post some photos of the lift as well, always fun to see other vehicles.
Did you install bigger tires? This also affect ride hight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've attached the instruction sheet from a set of Ingalls Engineering camber bolts, you probably have a different brand, but they all work in pretty much the same fashion.

Regarding the lift, it would have been better if you had made your own measurements so that you know how much the vehicle was lifted by, and for what it's worth, those measurements are never made from the ground, the method I recommend is to measure from the lowest point on the wheel rim to the wheel arch directly above, on an imaginary line that passes through the center of the wheel, done this way it removes any variables caused by tire size and or inflation pressure, if you changed the rim size, you'll have to add/subtract that difference from your measurement.

Personally I think you need to be cautious lifting these third gen vehicles, I've seen quite a few "standard height" vehicles, mine included, with torn front control arm bushes, lifted vehicles are more likely to damage the bushes faster, and the more lift you have, the greater the problem becomes. In my opinion the front suspension design is better suited to a front wheel drive sedan (which is where I first came across it), than a four wheel drive SUV.
Thanks for the info bro. Ill take note of that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post some photos of the lift as well, always fun to see other vehicles.
Did you install bigger tires? This also affect ride hight.
Will do bro. Im currently on stock wheels with 225/65/17 nexen road tires. Still researching for the best pick that would suit the terrain here in middle east.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,650 Posts
With regards the bushings, they are normally torqued with the ride height at neutral, when you lift the vehicle the bushing rubber is stretched, to reduce the strain, loosen the bushings, bring to the new rest height and re-torque the bolts...-

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Whilst that is generally good advice Phil, it doesn't help any when the bush is vertically oriented, as is the case with this particular vehicle.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Whilst that is generally good advice Phil, it doesn't help any when the bush is vertically oriented, as is the case with this particular vehicle.
Ivd almost been tempted to give it a smack and bend it to align the bush better. I agree, silly system. I wonder if a tapered washer set would give enough angle to reduce the strain along with a few other mods for the bolt angle hmmmmmm, might look into that and see if I can come up with a solution

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
I don't see tapered washers helping any, not when the center of the bush is going to be aligned by a bolt that is still vertically oriented, you could try "re-drilling" the holes so the bolt sits at an angle, but you'll always the problem caused by the bush flexing perpendicular to it's axis.

A solution does exist, I don't particularly care for it, but it's there for those who want to try it - SuperPro makes a "three piece" replacement polyurethane bush set (that's three pieces to replace one bush) that slide over one another rather than flex. I'm sure you have experienced the issues of poly bushes, the need for constant lubrication to prevent squeaking and wear, and once the greased sliding surfaces are exposed, dirt & grit become an issue.

I haven't tried them myself, some folks like them, some don't. I haven't seen them available anywhere outside of Australia.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
That's what I was thinking, tapered seat and realigning the bolt so its perpendicular to the lifted "at rest" position, so the bush is not stressed as much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts