Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Do any of you know where to find the piece of trim/plastic that goes on top of the tailgate/rear door on a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick. It's between the hard top and the read door and mounts on the door.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm guessing you have an aftermarket hard top. Since there are tens of different tops out out there, you'd have to state the brand and model. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
I think that the OP needs a trim piece (I assume that there once was one) for the OE stock tailgate's upper edge, not something associated or attached to the hard top? :huh: My guess anyways.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly, on the first picture the trim piece is no longer on it, it attached to the tailgate.

It might be sold with the hard tops?

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Sly...since the hard top is badged with "Suzuki", one would assume that the item was "OE". Unfortunately they may have been provided from an out-sourced manufacturing company which clouds the replacement part issue a bit.

Let's see if anyone else can add anything to aid in this dilemma. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
The 91 Sidekick - where the factory top would have been a soft top, did not come with that extra trim across the top of the tailgate. The original soft top would have been affixed to the tailgate with a fiberglass rod that snapped into brackets (removed in your photo, where the 2 holes on each side are). Across the top of the tailgate is just a rubber weatherstrip. The Sidekicks/Trackers from 1995 and onward would have the plastic trim along the top of the tailgate - but I don't know if that is the piece that you actually need for your hard top. Or whether an aftermarket hard top would come with that piece (for the earlier Trackicks).

·
Registered
467 Posts
I had that same top. Its a manufacturer name ProTop made in Canada and went out of business 10 years ago. You can find some leftover traces of installation manuals on the webb. My fiberglass cross piece was shot too, barely kept it water tight. I sold the top last year and went soft. Sure, Zuki/Geo dealers may have sold tops on new trackicks, but they were aftermarket. I mean come on, buy the Tintop version if you wanted a hard top? No? That said, you wont find any mention of this missing part in breakdowns, because they were a dealer add-on and/or aftermarket. Troll the interweb for ppl selling old tops. Also, the struts holding the back window up are common, so dont pay more than $25 for the pair.

Theres a manual in one of these websites that may have a parts breakdown in the back of it. I called these ppl last year with no luck:
Thank you
Sarah
269-556-2000 ext 317

Visit our Family of Web Stores:
Tops4Less.com
Toolboxes4Less.com
TonneauCovers4Less.com
AutoAccessories4Less.Com
Mats4Less.com
PerformanceParts4Less.com
LogoProducts4Less.com
and many more!

Store Hours: M-F 8am-3:30PM eastern time

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Hmmm.... :)

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Only out of luck if there are no junkyards near you....????

·
Registered
467 Posts
OK for whats its worth, I owned that exact aftermarket hard top he desires. The fiberglass piece, that is made of the same material/texture as the rest of your ProTop, is a part of the aftermarket hardtop package. It wont be #22. Even if you were able to find a #22 in the yards, it will be so brittle you'd be lucky to pull it in usable condition. I have busted quite a few trying to pull them in my local yards. I'm out. I hope you find your missing piece.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts