Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove the hinge screw/bolts on a 93' samurai tail gate? Tried Wd-40, Mac impact screw removal tool, broke several #1 phillips tips. Wanted to take a torch to it but seeing how it is by the fuel tank I thought I had better not. Any Ideas? Drill out and retap with a bigger bolt? Thom

·
Registered
94 Posts
I pull my taigate off all the time with just un-bolting it. Yes they are tight to begin but should come off reasonably well with a proper driver. Worst case scenario use approx 1/4" drill bit and drill until the head of the bolt falls off and then use set of needlenose vice grips to remove the stud portion. I then used a set of bolts that are from a GM product (I can't remember which vehicle) that I bought at the local hardware store in a package. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Same as removing the screws for the doors. I have had the best luck with a hammer and cold chisel. Make a notch forcing the screw to turn counter clockwise and after it breaks loose you can use a #2 phillips. You can get some ideas from here:
ZNO Billet Hinges
Then replace the screws with metric bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts