Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is all the pictures of everyones systems in their Forenzas? I'm going to put 2 12" Memphis Audio M3 subwoofers in mine. I was wondering what other people have done to theirs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just my opinion, but I think fiberglass the way to go. I just put a sub in my Reno and made a fiberglass enclosure; it sounds great and I still have a usable space in the hatch. I've seen similar installs in cars with regular trunks; it ends up looking really clean, and you don't need to take up your whole trunk with a big square box. In the Forenza's trunk, you could easily fit a 12 on each side of the trunk, leaving mostly open space. You can see detailed pics of my install at my CarDomain page [federic0's 2006 Suzuki Reno on CarDomain - Page 2].

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah that is an excellent idea but i dont know how to do it personally and i would think professionally it would be quite expensive so that just leaves me the option of boxes UNLESS fiberglassing is somewhat affordable? By the way what you did with the trunk is a job well done

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before I tried, I researched fiberglassing online for about 2 weeks. There are plenty of guides available online, and if you mix and match with different people's advice, it isn't all that hard. You also need fewer tools to do a good job with fiberglass than with an MDF box (you need a Dremel, it would help to have a power sander). I'd estimate you could do yours for between $150 and $250. You can get mostly everything you need from the paint section of Home Depot; and you can get custom-made MDF rings on eBay for about 20% of what a car audio place will charge. Best of luck with your system. Post pics once you get it installed. If you decide to go with glass, let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks for your help. The pricing on the materials isn't too bad..that's about what I would pay for a decent box. Some day in the future I will have to start experimenting and figure it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Trunk

Flickr: Photos from vandenbuschie
This is my work in progress

Please let me know what you think

Infinity 6 1/2 Ref Components front and rear
Infinity 10 Ref Subs
Kenwood 7252 Sub Amp
Kenwood 7202 2 Channel Amp
Pioneer Deh-7800MP

I'll post more pics with more progress

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i like that so far..it looks pretty classy..I just had 2 Memphis Audio M3 12" subs installed at 1200 watts..shits pounding pretty good

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah that trunks looks pretty nice...how hard was it to do? I got 1 kicker cvx 15'' sub and the kicker zx1000.1 amp in my 07 reno with the pioneer dehp-6800mp soon to be upgrading to the pioneer avic d3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a Kinetic battery to help with light dimming and it doesnt seem to help too much..When i turn the volume above 20 the CD player starts to skip through the songs..like amp is draining the power out of my CD player..any suggestions? Maybe i need a bigger battery? My deck is a Clarion DXZ575USB..

·
Registered
418 Posts
yeah for now turn down the gain input and the bass boost on the amp. i would look for a hi output altenator for are car and upgrade the wires from the amp to the battery to like 4gauge wires. Even tho my amp is 1000watts rms i have the gain input at 1/3 and the bass boost on low its loud enough for me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thats a good idea..I looked through the settings on my deck and the gain was at +5..all the way up..so i turned it down to +2 and it seemed to help a little bit

·
Registered
49 Posts
The trunk wasn't that hard it is pretty simple took me and a friend a Saturday to cut the wood and build everything. Every thing fits together great. As a side note this is my first custom build like this, which makes it more exciting for me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I had a set of two 12" fusion's and they hit alright and sounded pretty clear (wich is most important for me) I was thinking of getting two kicker comps but I want to make the box as light as possible, Is fiberglass the way to go? Do you get any rattle with fiberglass? I just hate when the trunk rattles like crazy I plan to dynomat mine but the box has to be perfect too. what do you suggest?

·
Registered
418 Posts
im glad i have the reno with the hatch because my 15inch kicker compvx wouldnt have fit in a forenza and the trunk would have rattled much worster than my reno. I the only thing that rattles alot in my reno is the rear windshield wiper.

·
Registered
418 Posts
heres mines

·
Registered
15 Posts
With my fiberglass box in the hatch, I only get a little rattle from my license plate frame. I just tighten the screws every now and then and it goes away. There's no rattle in the body panels, etc. I guess I should also note that I built a subframe to conceal my amp, and my box is screwed down to that, so everything is very sturdy; maybe that also helps cut down on rattle. I've also been told that sub mounting direction has a lot to do with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts