Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm glad to join Kizashi forum .
I just bought my pearl White Kizashi (I'm so happy) and I asked for a syntetic oil. The only question is how often i have to change it? My dealer tells me every 5,000km but for me it is too often. Is 10,000km a good milage between changes? I can't find it in owner's manual.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
It should definitely be in your Owners Manual/Handbook, but generally these days the Car makers are saying 10,000km's
Some even say more! Synthetic oil can Easily go the distance. I personally would recommend using a genuine oil filter though, Cheap Insurance!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I just bought my wife a Kizashi and will be putting MOBIL-1 in it at the first oild change. I'll go by what my Saturn OLM did and change the oil when it told me, and that was between 10 and 12k. Must have worked because the wifes Saturn had just over 172K on the clock ran perfect and never burnt a drop of oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer is pushing me to change oil every 5k. (Castrol syntetic) They want to do maintenance in the same time. I don't think it is necessary to do it so often?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer is pushing me to change oil every 5k. (Castrol syntetic) They want to do maintenance in the same time. I don't think it is necessary to do it so often?
No that is not necessary at all I.M.O., I'm originally from New Zealand and we were doing 10,000 km service intervals with standard mineral oil, Synthetic will EASILY go 15,000 to 20,000 km's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its fine if you use synthetic oil and change it after 10000kms, but be sure to keep checking its consistency after 2000kms. Just in case.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm still confused.

you got to be joking right? not funny... people like you scare away new forum members based on your sheer ignorance.

back on topic..... intervals depend on personal driving habbits. If you live in dusty enviroment, and use car for short runs, you would change it sooner, and if you do alot of clear weather, highway miles, you can run the oil much longer. But if you want the max life out of your engine, don't be a tight wad and change the oil at factory intervals regardless of oil, and driving conditions, its cheap insurance to have a good engine, right?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been told that changing the filter midway in the life of an oil changes can be helpful. The filter can of course get clogged and start bypassing oil, but at a minimum - you are emptying the filtered out stuff in any case.

·
Registered
566 Posts
20000km?

If you have a NEW car and you change your oil every 10,000km or 20,000km, good luck dealing with Suzuki on ANY engine warranty problems !!!!!!:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts