Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all,
i've suzuki sx4 A/T 4x2 2011.
there are a problem and i can't solve this, all about cooling system. coolant leak, and now thermostat! thermostat can't open because there are too much air in the hose and radiator. and our authorized dealer said to take out the thermostat.. are this safety?? are there issue if i take out the thermostat?? please help me..

regards,,

FYI: i life at tropical country
avg temperature; 28-34 celcius

·
Registered
849 Posts
VEry few details here. Jumping to conclusions without details cannot solve problems.First, engine type? What are the symptoms? WHere does the leak occur? DOes the engine overheat? " too much air in the hose and radiator" . WHat you "seem" to describe makes me think of a blown head gasket and taking out a thermostat will not solve your problem. Describe your symptoms, mileage of engine, etc....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M15A gasoline engine and 100.512 KM. the leak occur? i don't know, it very small leak, just +-200 cc @ a week. i used prestone 30% coolant. yes, engine overheat because the thermostat can't open, the cool coolant can't move from radiator to engine.

they said M15A have no bleeding hole, and very very difficult to take out the air from radiator hose. my sx4 thermostat is NOT sink at coolant, because there are trapped air between coolant and thermostat. they said take out the thermostat is a good idea, because the trapped air can move from thermostat house to radiator cap.

this problem start because i change a inlet radiator hose. and the air, trapped when installing this hose.

FYI: my thermostat is a new, 80 days ago i change this item

·
Registered
849 Posts
THerte is no such thing as air blocking the flow of coolant. IN every case that comes on the forums and in real life with these symptoms,(and I have seen dozens) people change thermostats, radiators, coolant pump, try to bleed air seveval times, but to no avail: exhaust keeps invading the cooling system through leaks in the head gasket with the exact result you describe...and after denying it all the way and wasting tons of dollars...they finally have to come to reality and change a head gasket.
FIll up your radiator to the top, do not cap, run the engine...and see if bubbles escape : if so, this is not air, this is exhaust gases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Darrell. thanks for your help.
my thermostat have a air bleed valve, but why this valve have no work?? there are to many air between thermostat and coolant, make this thermostat NOT work.. and all authorized suzuki dealer in my town said to take out this item, they said almost suzuki car very difficult to bleeding air in hose cooling system. very sad fact, mate.

i affraid my sx4 have some issue if i take out my thermostat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@LMP
yes, someday i try this..
i open top radiator cap, and i no see any bubble and my engine oil have no mixed with water coolant.. in my opinion, my head gasket is ok.. this problem show up if i change radiator hoses or change engine coolant. all authorized mechanic can't bleeding this cooling system.

FYI, i know a traditional mechanic at my town, they always open radiator cap and put coolant every radiator fan on, we can see this coolant suck up and he put the coolant again until this engine can't suck up. but he is gone some years ago.

·
Registered
849 Posts
....mechanic can't bleed.. this cooling system....
A head gasket leak will introduce exhaust gases into the cooling system each time the engine operates, and coolant will be kept away from thermostat; another sign is that the heater will deliver no or very little heat, sometimes sporadically but it seems you do not need heat where you live.... A small leak might inject gases only under load...and a slight leak will also suck a little coolant into the combustion chamber when engine operates and vaporise it...so no coolant in the oil. I never wish a failed head gasket....but your symptoms are exactly those of a slight head gasket leak. I have lived several myself, and a lot on forums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dear all,
i've suzuki sx4 A/T 4x2 2011.
there are a problem and i can't solve this, all about cooling system. coolant leak, and now thermostat! thermostat can't open because there are too much air in the hose and radiator. and our authorized dealer said to take out the thermostat.. are this safety?? are there issue if i take out the thermostat?? please help me..

regards,,

FYI: i life at tropical country
avg temperature; 28-34 celcius
remove thermostat flush all cooling system , cheek relays, fuses of cooling system
driving my car with out thermostat at this moment my problem was the relays and wiring will install new thermostat son.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts