Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 07 sx4 zxi sedan keyless entry isn't working, all though the central lock , keyfob and all four of the actuators are working but my car doesn't respond to the keyfob nor goes into key programming mode. So I'm planning to put an aftermarket keyless entry module myself, I've never done anything like this except for small wiring and troubleshooting stuff inside my car, if there is someone who has done this before, what would be the easiest way to do this ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, what exactly doesn't work? First you said the keyfob is working but then the car doesn't respond to the keyfob.

I've gone through this stuff with mine.

Wiring in the aftermarket stuff is... well, lets just say I have a biased opinion on it due to all the headaches it has caused me when dealing with the shoddy workmanship of someone trying to install them. I'd at least try to fix the car's original unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So my keyfob has a led which lights up when I press the buttons that's why I said that the keyfob is working, and I downloaded a wiring diagram of sx4 sedan and it says the door lock and unlock wires are in 40pin plug but I can't see a pin which has more than 30pin plug I'll try to attach a picture of the bcm unit side ,can you tell which one it would be?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have no idea which wires to work with there. I'd have to study the wiring diagrams--probably the same ones that you have--to understand what all goes on there. I am in no better position than you to figure it out.

Which style key fob do you have? Is it the "remote controller" as Suzuki calls it which also comes with the keyless ignition? It would also have those little buttons on the outside door handles to lock and unlock it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If this helps any, if I understand what I just read in the Mitchell repair manual, if you have a tire pressure monitoring system, that module doubles as the receiver for the keyfob.

If you do not have a tire pressure monitoring system, there is a receiver behind the glove box.

Is there a chance the tire pressure monitoring system has been disabled somehow?

And I know that the LED on the fob lights up, but are you sure the battery in it is any good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car does not have a tire pressure monitoring system, and my fob only has three buttons (lock, unlock, siran) , and I just changed the battery of my fob , the LED lights up but it's kinda dimmer than it was before but my car isn't going into key programming mode that's why I'm wanting to put an aftermarket RKE receiver

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll definitely check out behind the glove box, but is there a way I can make sure that it's the original keyless entry receiver?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
and I just changed the battery of my fob , the LED lights up but it's kinda dimmer than it was before
this is the clue.

clean the contacts in the fob with a pencil eraser, and fit a new battery. I bought 2 "new" energiser batteries a week ago for my fobs, both were nearly flat.

·
Registered
837 Posts
In my 07 sx4 zxi sedan .....
Just to ensure the replies are relevant, specify location (there are several countries and continents in the world that share various models with different engines, configurations...)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The picture in the service manual says that as the glove box is flipped down, it is on the right side of the glove box cavity hanging by a bracket.

I don't know from where those batteries were purchased, but there are a bunch of knock-off button cell batteries on ebay for dirt cheap. So far, I haven't had any bad luck with them, but I know people who have. But when you can buy a package of 5 for $1 with free shipping from China and have 3 of the 5 bad, you're still doing pretty good.

I admit that if the trade deals with China go bad and/or China cracks down on cheap child slave labor, I will miss stuff like this.

Get a volt meter, check to see what kind of voltage the battery outputs. But even with good voltage, it doesn't mean that it'll supply any current. That does happen sometimes.

I am not saying that the aftermarket stuff cannot be installed cleanly, but like I mentioned earlier, after having to deal with customer vehicles that didn't have a related problem when it came in, but did after I drove it around the block a few times, which turn out to be an issue with the remote start or whatever and I had to spend hours figuring it out and fixing it for free.... sorry, but I am not willingly going to help put another one of those vehicles on the road.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
The picture in the service manual says that as the glove box is flipped down, it is on the right side of the glove box cavity hanging by a bracket.
just remember, that not all SX4's are LHD. in mine, the heater is on the right of the glove box.

there are 2 different 2007 SX4's here both with different engine/transmission options.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Ah, yes... the dreaded right hand drive cars out there...

You have to be careful to not order the wrong parts for those.
I could say the same about all those silly LHD ones too:p and a country still using degrees F;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yup, and the blasted English measuring units. I honestly won't miss it if it goes away some day.

It is just easier to do math via powers of 10 rather than powers of 8ths, 16ths, 32nds, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts