Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
so my almost 3 years old SX4 S-Cross started making a sound about 6 months ago. It is coming from somewhere around the hand break, we can't quite locate it, but somewhere between the two front seats under the hand break case.

The sound is like when you vacuum a small pebble and it travels through the pipe, and it only apppears on higher speeds, such as 120 km/h
We had it checked at two mechanics, the first one didn't hear it but tightened the bolts underneath that area under the car, two second heard it and thinks it is coming from inside the car, tightened a couple of things in that area and said that the only way would be to disassemble the interior to locate what it is.

It does not affect driving or anything, but is really annoying.
Anyone have any similar experience or knows something we could try?

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
first off, welcome to the forum
second, in my location the "SX4" and the "S-Cross" are 2 totally different vehicles so you might be better off clarifying exactly what you have as the "SX4" is very different depending on the market its sold in.

now, as to the rattle, these can be fun to track down, look for cable hitting body work (handbrake cables are good at doing this) next time it does it, try pulling the handbrake on one notch or 2 just tto see if i stops. if it does, you know where to start looking. I have even had the handbrake release button vibrate in one case causing an annoying rattle.
Apart from that, its going to be a trial and error mission to find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know what to tell you, the full model name is sx4 s-cross (SX4 S-CROSS | AUTOMOBILE |Global Suzuki), I believe my car specifically was produced in Hungary.

The noise is present every time we cross about 100 km/h, and it is most noticable at about 130 km/h so it is a bit difficult to locate during the time is it present. As soon as you drop below 90 km/h the noise is completely gone, that's why I thought it was something from underneath the car and the airflow would cause it to move, but the mechanic said he doesn't see anything loose. So we are now concentrated on the interior thinking something vibrates at higher speeds

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
ok, here that is known as an "S-Cross"

the SX4 is totally different here

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, in my 2015 SX4 S-CROSS, there is a crevice covered by a carpet flap under each of the two front seats. My kids had glass marbles roll into it and it stayed there for several months, rolling around as the car cornered. Got most out with a vacuum, but ended up sticking my hand in and extracting the last few. Not sure if this might help your diagnosis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts