Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pair of SX4s have been going around to US dealers to familarize sales folk with their features! Has naybody seen them??? I missed them by hours at a FLA dealer. Report is that sales folk think they have a winner!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wanted to but.......

One of them came to a dealer by me on August 9th. (suzuki sent me an e-mail to let me know because I signed up at their website for sx4 info) I really wanted to go see it and see if I could get a test drive, but I was at work during the few hours it was to be at the dealer. How the hell am I supposed to make it on a weekday during work hours? Anyway, how did you hear about the salesmen "having a winner." I mean, I agree, I am just thirsty for feedback and info....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
capoken... talked with salesman and sales manager at FLA dealer where I had just missed them... they were happy campers to say the least. The sales manager heard me talking to the salesman that was tellling me I had just missed them and bounded out of his office to comment on how great they were!!! He was a pretty big guy and said "there is even plenty of head room" and went on to say how they were both impressed with the handling and performance and that "we really have a winnner here with this one." Then said "they gave us some of these, you can have one". What they gave me was a "quick start" owners manual fold out brochure the shows all the features and controls diagrams... pretty niffty...

·
Registered
282 Posts
We have recieved one for show room display. Not any different from your reading on the web. AWD with a overide button. Interior is like a Aerio.
Car is 100% Japanese...reliable...

·
Registered
13 Posts
can it be test driven?

So can the car that was delivered to your showroom be test driven? Or is it only to look at? I am leaving the country for a while in about three weeks. I plan on buying an sx4 as soon as I eturn, but I was hoping to test drive one before I leave. Do you have any schedule for us as to when the dealers will have them available? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know the Canadian dealers have already started selling them. They have arrived at port, so dealers should be receiving them currently.

Call your local dealer to ask when they're expected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer received one saturday but the first people to test drive it bought it, i happened to pass them while they were test driving it. I must say that in white that it looks quite good and doesnt have the akward looks that i thought it would have from looking at the PR press photos. :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked to Gibson's just a couple of weeks ago and they had at least 5 on the lot at the time. My local dealer (Brockman) has 6 right now. But as everyone knows the sport model is still not available yet.But that's the way it goes.:( I hope that it is not delayed to much. I really want to get my hands on one.
I saw a silver SX4 parked at a restaurant . And it looked great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
dhartman said:
A pair of SX4s have been going around to US dealers to familarize sales folk with their features! Has naybody seen them??? I missed them by hours at a FLA dealer. Report is that sales folk think they have a winner!!!
Ironic that you posted that. The Suzuki dealership in Wilmington (one of the top sellers) apparently didn't think so. They ordered one and when it arrived the 1st person to drive it bought it. Since then ('bout a month now) they can't keep any on the lot. For a few sales they had to buy one from another dealer (who planned ahead and ordered more than one!)

The other dealers in NC (at least in mid-to-major markets) all ordered several for their lots. I test drove one in Charlotte, NC yesterday (5 speed, Techno Blue: rare, rare breed!) The salesman, while telling me some whoppers about the XL7 ("It's based on the Trailblazer/Envoy." "GM bought the V6 in VUE - a Honda V6/Torrent/Equinox from Suzuki." "GM borrowed the XL7's platform from Suzuki for the VUE and her sisters (some truth to that one - Suzuki helped GM develop it.)") told me that they are selling fast.

Haven't seen one in the wild yet, but they do look great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We bought ours in Wilmington NC about a month ago ... yep, you guessed it - electric blue 5-speed. It's a lot of fun. We went in thinking orange, but they didn't have one. They did have an sedan aerio in the orange color but we thought it looked kind of plain and too 'brown.'

We are near 1000 miles now and have had no problems whatsoever. We're going to install foglights (eBay $75 vice Suzuki $200). We'll probably pick up the armrest soon. And I'm in the market for a trailer hitch receiver. I'll let you know how we make out on the last one because folks seem to be curious about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool. Since my post I have not only driven the blue one but also the copper orange one. The copper orange on the SX4 looks much better, more red than the other Suzukis. I like the 5spd for obvious reasons, but didn't like how the RPM stays at over 3500 at 70+mph. The auto revs at barely 3k at 70+.

How do you like your SX4? Who was your salesman? How was he or she? Did they take you over into (what I call) the used car building? It's like why bother even building a Suzuki building if you are not going to use it!

Do you plan on letting them service your SX4? If so, let me know how the 1st one goes. I am in talks with them now for a Blue SX4. The sticking point is how little money they want to give me for my trade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We really like our SX4, especially since we traded our Dodge truck for it. Great, tight handling and no parking space is too small. And the amount that they gave us for our trade-in was in line with it's year/model/mileage value. They gave us what we expected to get based on our research.

Our salesman at Wilmington Suzuki was Bob Jones and he was extremely friendly and not at all a "typical car salesman"...not pushy or fake.

We do plan on servicing there since it is under warranty...we'll let you know how it is.

Wilmington also offers an extended warranty that turns the 3yr/36,000m bumper to bumper plus 7yr/100,000m power train warranty into a 7yr/100,000m bumper to bumper warranty including components, for an extra $800. They didn't offer it to us until we were signing the papers and had already arranged our financing, so you may consider asking about it in negotiation. Although you don't have to purchase it at signing, we were told that we could purchase it anytime before the original 3yr/36,000m warranty ends but I'm not sure if it changes the price. We'll probably purchase it in January, just in case. Also, if you are military, Suzuki gives a $500 discount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob Jones is who I am dealing with, too. He called me last week to tell me that a truck was bringing in some SX4s, I told him I knew, I was right behind it. He laughed.

What have you done with your car so far? Have you felt brave and taken it to Ft Fisher or the north end of Carolina Beach? That's the only thing I am wary of. I have a Chevy Tracker 4X4 that I can take on the beach. When I have been on the beach I have seen Ford Escapes and Subarus. They all have lockable AWD, like the SX4. I have also seen CRVs and heard that people have taken VUEs out there.

Besides, it's great to know what kind of experience someone is having in a car you want on roads you drive, too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What have you done with your car so far? Have you felt brave and taken it to Ft Fisher or the north end of Carolina Beach?
We haven't gone off road yet, and I don't take cars out on the beach. I've always viewed the beach as exclusively for pedestrians, parking is real close, and most importantly the sand and salt will prematurely rust your car (I'm from Maine - think road salt ...). However, I'm sure the car would do just fine in moderate or packed sand, or on off-road trails. I would be concerned about clearance in softer or deeper sand, so if I was going off road I'd be in the market for a more aggressive and slightly larger tire. A trick for sand that they teach in military driving schools (where you do go on the beach) is to reduce tire pressure to slightly mushroom the tire and produce a bigger "footprint" for more weight distribution and traction, like a snowshoe. Given the Suzuki's small tires, I should think you'd need a little bit bigger tire to employ this technique. We have used our SX4 in very wet situations and it corners very nicely with the AWD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aoiga said:
...exclusively for pedestrians, parking is real close, and most importantly the sand and salt will prematurely rust your car... We have used our SX4 in very wet situations and it corners very nicely with the AWD.
Well, if you go to the North end of Carolina Beach, yeah it's packed. But that's just because that's where the tourists go. I go out to Fort Fisher. It's a larger area and people tend to respect each other more and, if possible, people don't stack on top of each other. As for the sand and salt: you are not suppossed to drive in the water (could get a ticket, not to mention sudden drop-offs!) Also, any serious beach driver stops at the nearest high pressure coin-op car wash or as soon as they get home washes off the undercarriage, drivetrain, brakes, engine compartment and body. I have spent up to 45 minutes in the past hosing down my Tracker after a trip to the beach.

The reason cars up north rust out is because they are exposed every second of the day for months at a time. That would make plastic rust!

Did you enjoy the SX4 in the rain? Have you taken it on a long drive yet? How was that, if you did.

Of course, this thread's not just for people from Wilmington, NC... Anyone can respond!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts