Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding maintenance on a 2010 SX4 sedan with 90K miles (highway driving):

What would you all suggest I look at replacing to begin the proactive maintenance phase on my car. I've owned it since it was brand new, and have replaced the air filters, oil changed regularly, and just done a fuel/injector treatment. What about a timing belt? Anything else I should start looking at? I want to drive this car forever.

BTW, first post for me.

DC

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Welcome DC!

Spell out the engine and trans combo that you have for us. ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
DCASSISTA-- is that miles or kilometers ?? In any case, you have the J20B engine which has a timing CHAIN that's sposed to last the life of the engine! Regular oil changes with a decent quality oil are important! Sooner or later you'll replace the alternator, wheel bearings, serpentine belt, brakes etc but that's pretty routine. Tranny fluid and anti/freeze replacement should be done on schedule but you probably know that? NB probably gets salt on the winter roads like here so oil spray treatments like Krown or RustCheck are are good investment against body cancer!! Don't believe your sedan is AWD so there's a few things that don't apply to you. Oh, yeah= don't hit any moose !!!:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
140,000 KMs. :)

Didn't know it had a timing chain, thought it was a belt(not a mechanic). Already murdered one deer with my front bumper, and had that replaced. Good call on the RustCheck.

Any suggestions on an online retailer for brakes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts