Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is that i have no sound coming from the bass speakers in the front and rear doors. The only sound is from the tweeters. I have checked that the connections on the back of the unit are secure. Thought it must be the head unit itself so tried a different unit with an adaptor cable - still the same problem. Any thoughts or advice on what to check next. Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
What car, what year, what sound system

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
Unless I am very much mistaken, the head unit will have a single pair of wires for each output channel, if the vehicle is fitted with "separates" or speakers with separate woofers & tweeters, which is relatively rare in this class of vehicle, the problem could possibly be in the cross-overs.

The "best" class of speakers I would expect in a factory fit for an SX4 would be co-axials, which would typically have the woofer connected directly across the output channel and a very simple crossover, a single capacitor in series with the tweeter.

I suggest you check the drivers with an ohmmeter - my guess is they have open voice-coils.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi fordem. Not quite sure what all of that means re crossovers and capacitors, however the tweeters and woofers are separate in the doors, top and bottom respectively, if this casts any light on the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts