Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case any of u guys happen to know where got sell aftermarket suspension (Spring, Shock N Coilover) that can handle rough terrain with adjustable stiffness and is 1 to 2 inch longer than the stock, do let me know. I'm very keen to buy it. Thanks. ;)

No matter where around the world, as long as reputable brand, I'll get my hands on it.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, rocky-road outfitters has a 1.5 - 2" lift for the sx-4.It consist of strut and spring spacers.It make it look almost like an suv instead of a sport compact.

·
Registered
13 Posts
lift kit

I like the look of the lift and added sliders from Rocky-Road, does anyone have other sites for equipment for the SX-4 crossover

·
Registered
143 Posts
join SX4 Forums and do a search for the lift kit on there. there are atleast 2 members that have lifted their cars and given them proper on/off road tires, and have nothing but praise about it now. it is a very capable light trail car once its set up like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also a member over on sx4club.com where their are about 4-5 of us that have this lift-kit and A/T tires. Some have the General Grabber A/T2, Yokohama Geolander A/TS and the FALKEN ZIEX S/TZ-04 tires....

I have the RRO lift-kit installed on my car along with 215/70 R16 Falken High Country A/T tires. I must say I like the way my car looks now and the way it drives..

·
Registered
143 Posts
man i forgot what the car looked like with the roof rails off. i gota take mine off again, but i gota find my little rubber thread protectors. i stashed them somewhere, but moved, so i have no idea where they went.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That does look nice,if your looking for a good set of on off road tires ,I have been running Geolander A/t on my little GV for a while in size 235/60/16.If that will fit on the SX-4 ,they are great pulling offroad tires. I have had my GV in some harry situations off road and pulled out fine.I almost traded my little GV in on one but they wouldn't give me a good enough deal.This one in the pic looks great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
thinking of lift kit.

I am thinking of the R.R. lift kit but I don't want new tires. Would it look ok with the all season tires it came with?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Between the payments and the insurance, I don't have a lot left for add-ons, but I did get the windows tinted and a red stripe most of the way around the body. It really looks great on the light blue paint.

I've recently added the rear Skid Plate, from Primitive Racing and a U-Haul Trailer Hitch.

I live out in the sand dunes in Central Florida, and so far I've not seen any obstacles I could not overcome, with my SX4.
When I put it in 4WD Lock and turn off the ISP, it pulls harder and with better traction than my 2000 Grand Vitara.

Traction can be doubled, by just dropping the air pressure in all four tires to 25#. I used to do that in the winter, up north, to get through deep snow, with standard street tires.

I'd like some of those deep tread grabbers, but at the speeds I have to drive on the interstate, (80 + ) those tires would howl like a banshee.

I do love to hear what other drivers are doing with their little SX4's.
I'm just wondering what kind of gas mileage y'all are getting?
My best so far, is 27.6 on a 100 mile road trip.
Not too bad for a 4WD vehicle.

Cheers Mates!
The Shadow :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I am new to the forum and have purchased the lift kit (rocky road) cant wait for it to come! When you purchased your tires, did you have to change the rim... or did you use the stock?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also a member over on sx4club.com where their are about 4-5 of us that have this lift-kit and A/T tires. Some have the General Grabber A/T2, Yokohama Geolander A/TS and the FALKEN ZIEX S/TZ-04 tires....

I have the RRO lift-kit installed on my car along with 215/70 R16 Falken High Country A/T tires. I must say I like the way my car looks now and the way it drives..

Can you tell me if this modification voids the warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered this lift kit and I'm waiting for it. I am hoping the tires I want: BF Goodrich All Terrain A/T KO's at P215/70R16 will do just fine on the original rims. Apparently the bolt pattern is the same as a Jeep so maybe I'll consider one of Jeeps rims if the stock one's don't do the job.

·
Registered
566 Posts
To all "Lifters"

Does anyone have comments on the SX4 when it's lifted? Does the car become more top heavy? Do you lose anything in cornering and handling? Any negatives? :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only heard that it has no impact on the drive and that it's good. However once I get it done I'll know for sure and give some feedback. Maybe in a month or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lifted 2011 sx4 crossover with RRO kit installation comments

Just finished putting RRO's lift kit, rock rails and skid plate on my 2011 SX4xover with 4000 mi on it. A couple of observations for you DIYer's. The lift instructions state that you might have to grind clearance for the driveline on the drivers side front driveshaft, on the 2011 it looks plenty good on the driver's side - no grinding - where I had to grind was on the PASSENGER SIDE. At full droop the driveshaft on my car just touches the A arm pivot EVEN WITH GRINDING. I would suggest fully assembling the lifted strut on that side with the STOCK bolts to visualise how much material to remove. I did this several times to remove just the right amount of material. I would also suggest using a dremel tool with metal cutoff wheel to accomplish this as there isn't alot of room to go to town with a 4" angle grinder like I was planning on using. A plasma cutter would work even better.

Rock rails were straighforward, but if you have those plastic trays installed under the chassis on either side under the car below the rear seats, you won't be able to reuse them without extensive mods, as you might guess, I didn't put them back.

Rear lift - I needed 3 jacks to put the differential bolts back in. One on the diff nose as in the instructions, and one on each side to flex the torsion beam up enough to engage the diff mount bolts. By using the jacks in sequence you can get the bolts to go back in. Using only 2 jacks I kinda fought the diff hitting the torsion beam while trying to move the diff back in to position enogh to ge the top bolts back in.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Does anyone have comments on the SX4 when it's lifted? Does the car become more top heavy? Do you lose anything in cornering and handling? Any negatives? :confused:
There is at least ONE member on the ClubSX4 forum that put the lift kit on and then took the lift kit OFF and sold it. His negative comments are all a part of public record now.

I'd like it if my car had a little more ground clearance, but it was designed to ride and drive properly with the clearance it has (stock).

I'm just afraid, that if I raise my car up, say three or four inches, I might loose a lot of the handling and stability that I now enjoy. No thanks!

First it's lift. Then it's new shocks and struts and then anti-sway bars. Then new tires and taller rims. Where does it stop?

Eh?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts