Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i purchased my sx4 last month, desperate to upgrade, customize and just improve what i can i found it impossible to find aftermarket parts. make a long story short i ended up prototyping a shortram intake! so i bolted it on her and to my suprise no engine light, deep throaty sound and improved fuel mileage! so i wanna offer this to other sx4 owners! i have pics of step by step and not sure if i should start making production. so feed back would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, ya it sure does. the product that was used it pvc plastic. very strong all black. once i figure out how to post pics ill send 1 ur way. what did u end up paying for that sick mod? did u notice a diff in gas mileage and feel a burst of power?

·
Registered
143 Posts
the SRI gives a nice boost in the butt dyno when you hit over 2000 RPMs nothing noticable with the gas mileage yet, but thats cuz my foot has seemed to get heavyier with this thing installed. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i hear ya! love hearing my baby growl as well. im using 89 octane and gettin 440 city and 470 highway. pretty sweet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Rovert, is the SRI install relatively painless? Is it completely bolt on, or is there any electrical involved? (forgive my ignorance) I plan on putchasing one from RRM pretty soon but not being all that mechanically inclined I'm a bit nervous about installing myself...

·
Registered
143 Posts
its all bolt on. pretty painless aslong as you know how to use a screwdriver and a small ratchet. just take off the factory airbox assembaly, undo the Mass Airflow Sensor from it. put the filter and tube together, screw down the tightner bands onto the intake port, and one for a brace on the engine block, and reinstall the MAS into the spot on the tube. all done.

look here for more details
HOWTO - Install RRM Intake kit - SX4 Forums

·
Registered
7 Posts
rovert, how is the air filter on that thing? is it a cheap type filter or quality? on my old truck i had k and n and loved it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the filter is on the same level as K&N granted its not one. RRM has been using the same brand filters for years on all their EVO's and WRX cars that they build and have never had a problem with them. it is washable. mine needs a washing badly. i drive on alot of dirt and havent had the chance to give it a good cleaning. once i do that and stick it back on ill notice my power gains come back. ill try and look up the brand filter they use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thnaks for all the info ill probably be getting one of there this weekend and puttin it on there?.how did you get that plastic cover off of the engine?

·
Registered
143 Posts
there is nothing to worry about with the warranty aslong as you install the air flow sensor, which is simple, theres a spot for it. taking off the engine cover will not void anything, nor will installing the intake. if the service department is gona gripe about it and your that worried about it, just take the intake off on the way into the dealer and reinstall the factory airbox.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed my intake a couple weeks ago and love it. Not *quite* the boost I was hoping for, but a jump in the rigth direction. Next comes the Underdrive Pulley, we'll see how that does. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
there is nothing to worry about with the warranty aslong as you install the air flow sensor, which is simple, theres a spot for it. taking off the engine cover will not void anything, nor will installing the intake. if the service department is gona gripe about it and your that worried about it, just take the intake off on the way into the dealer and reinstall the factory airbox.
cool good to know.....where is the best place to find these underdrive pulleys?....any certain one that is recommended

·
Registered
32 Posts
Finally an intake for a suzuki! I have a 06 aerio and changed the stock filter to a k&n i really wanted an intake but they dont make one for my car. But this intake ur using on the sx4's looks like it will work on my car engine set up seems very similar. Any problems with the check engine light after install.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is no cell, but the 06 Aerio does not have the vacume hose coming off the intake that the SX4 does. Also you will have to chop off the mounting bracket and make your own. It might be more of a pain then it is worth.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts