Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I love this car, ah SUV, ah CUV. It works like a true champ in the snow and ice, and that was with the original tires. I had bought some CHAINS just in case but didn't need them.

I went across STEVENS PASS in Washington at about 50 mph with zero slippage, and that was in 14 degree weather. Did a brake check or two to see how they worked, and no problem there either. Reminds me of when I use to RALLY RACE in Nothern Japan in the early 80's, some of those races were on ice and snow.

Plus I averaged 27.5 MPG over the pass and back. When the engine finally breaks in it should do a touch better.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's awesome! I have been thinking about one as my next replacement. Maybe even as a repacement for the Elantra as my auto-x slave. I would think a set of H&R springs and 225/50 Bridgestone RE-01R's would make for a fun car!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want the Suzuki Sports Big rear Spoiler, and some Panasport Rally Wheels and Potenza Rally tires for the winter. This way I can have some fun in the snow. Nothing better than flying past those slow OUTBACKS.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a buddy of mine at my Primary forum is wanking cause I mentioned FLYING past the Outbacks, of course I was talking about him.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great report on the snow and ice handling.

I've had some extremely wet driving experiences with it and its driven like a champ.

What model car did you drive during your rallisport days?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to take pictures of the latest projects, I have a 1969 Datsun B510 4 door that I am stripping and getting ready to race locally here in Washington. I am not going to race it, I am just the WRENCH. I will let one of my young neighbors do the racing part, I am the one doing the rebuild.

I will post pictures when it's done, of course thats when I am going to be Whoring for Sponsor money too.....;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lived in Bremerton for a bit back in the late 80s. Lots of rainy roading up there.

Today I went to an auto parts shop looking for nothing in particular. Out of curiosity I asked them if they had any oil filters for my 07 SX4. Not in the computer yet. He then advised me to be careful not to use aftermarket oil filters as there might be a risk of voiding my warranty or something. Ever heard tell of this?

As for the oil filter issue, does this mean I'll have to get my oil changed at Suzuki for a good while?

·
Registered
143 Posts
any oil filter will work fine, except for Fram filters, they are crap.
but for the SX4, a K&N HP1003 filter is the right one to use. also try NAPA for their filters, they are really good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The voiding the warranty line is a scare tactic. As long as you use a good filter, your warranty is good. If a filter caused engine failure, then the dealer can void the warranty. Ever hear of a filter causing engine failure????????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just had about 30cm of snow in Toronto, I felt confident and safe driving the sx4, mind you that you must adjust your driving according to road conditions. The sx4 might be a bit highter in fuel consumption, but it is a sturdy build car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah it sounded fishy...

No snow here, wish there were. We plan on taking the SX4 up to NY next Xmas so that'll be a great test.

·
Registered
180 Posts
hey Rally Fan, tell that parts dealer to STUFF IT. We have a item in the USA called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. You can use ANY oil and ANY oil Filter, and NEVER void the warranty.
If the dealer can prove a non-OEM part caused the failure, they CAN void the Warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
hmm now I'm just as uncertain as before! hahaha

I'm getting my service done at the dealer for a good while either way. ^__^
I've been doing my own oil changes for over 30 years. Don't worry about it. I've used many different brands of filters, including Fram. The only engine failure I had from oil problems was from a clogged sump, and that was well after the warranty. Fram is bad. Avoid them and change your own oil without worries! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts