Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the sx4 love the car so far.

Curious to know if anyone else has noticed ice build up. I cleared out some inch think ice today, leads me to wonder if this will run down when melting and cause problems with the brake light component.
Same happened with my golf, rusted out the rear lights

Thanks, B

·
Registered
17 Posts
We finally got a good snow fall, and yes,I am getting build up under the rear latch button. An airfoil mounted at the top of the hatch should help,as the redirected air flow will get rid of that snow " curl ". I had the same problem with a 1990 toyota four runner. I am not sure if SUZUKI has it's own airfoil or not. I am not impressed with the latch release design. There should be a secondary choice such as a key or cable release by the drivers seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We finally got a good snow fall, and yes,I am getting build up under the rear latch button. An airfoil mounted at the top of the hatch should help,as the redirected air flow will get rid of that snow " curl ". I had the same problem with a 1990 toyota four runner. I am not sure if SUZUKI has it's own airfoil or not. I am not impressed with the latch release design. There should be a secondary choice such as a key or cable release by the drivers seat.
I agree about the latch release -- my remote starter installer had a deal where they throw in a free remote trunk release, but couldn't install due to the manual nature of the release.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw an add in the local paper for the 08 SX4 and listed was "remote Gas cap release"...looks like someone at suzuki has the same thought.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the new 08's have an internal gas door lever, so yes it could be hooked up to a remote somehow. but back to the original topic, i checked my car yesterday, and i had some ice buildup inside the top of the hatch. i just opened the hatch slowly a bit, and took all the ice out. its not a big worry to me. so im not gona complain about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts