Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Recently bought a car (SX4), 2011 model year.
The issue is, it doesn't have a headlight level actuator. Could anyone tell me, does it have any kind of automotive headlights adjustment system?
Let's say, I drive on my own and in the middle of the trip I want to give my friends a lift. Will the car automatically adjust the level of the headlights on the go according to the new loading? I want to make sure I don't blind other drivers.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
first of all, where in the world are you? some markets have a manual adjustment, some are auto adjust, some do not have any adjustment.

Our market has no adjustment at all, and unless you are piling 5 big overweight adults in the back, you shouldn't need to worry as the headlight angle will still meet local regulations at factory maximum loadings in the market it is sold in.

If it can't meet those regulations, then a levelling system will be fitted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi 2013GV!
Thank you for the quick response. I am from Ukraine, but the car is from the US. So, let's suppose it's US market.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Hi 2013GV!
Thank you for the quick response. I am from Ukraine, but the car is from the US. So, let's suppose it's US market.
then more than likely there is no headlight adjustment fitted, and there should be no need for it as long as you do not exceed the manufacturers load ratings

·
Registered
835 Posts
INdeed, SX4's sold in North America had fixed headlights and hydraulic power steering..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@LMP, have you ever faced this kind of problem?
My husband is worried about that. We've had a bad experience on Skoda Octavia. He was driving at night with several passengers on the back seat. The headlights beamed too highly, and every car on the opposite traffic blinked with high beam light trying to mark that he was blinding them.
So, he surely doesn't want me to get into similar situation.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
just make sure they are set correctly and you shouldn't have any issues. We don't mandate adjustable headlights here and there are very few instances of drivers with headlights that dazzle oncoming traffic. I would be suspicious of the original alignment of the lights in the Octavia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts